The Centre for Film Studies is organizing a One-Day Workshop on the Theme, ‘Addressing Social And Legal Issues Through Popular Media’, inviting the famous actor, entrepreneur and social worker Mr. Nigel Akkara as the Resource Person.
Traditionally, art has been an accessible media instrument for communication. In the case of popular arts like films or dramas that heavily influence popular culture, the impact it can have is manifold. It acts as a mirror of the society with conformist as well as defiant voices. Sometimes, popular art goes beyond entertainment and portrays many social and legal issues, leading society and social workers to move forward.
- Date: 9 September 2022
- Session I: Understanding Law & Society through Cinema (11:00 AM – 1:00 PM)
- Session II: Law and Film for Academics and Research (2:00 PM – 3:30 PM)
- Venue: Moot Court cum Seminar Hall, 2nd Floor, Academic Block, National Law University, Odisha, Kathajodi Campus
- Details of the Program and registration links are attached herewith.
- Registration Form Link for the same is given here: https://forms.gle/NvxrBeJCcRhEZ8j56
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on Lexpeeps is true to our knowledge. But still, it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.