NLIU Cell for Law and Technology and Ikigai Law are organising Policy Case Competition and seeking registrations for the same.
The NLIU Cell for Law and Technology (NLIU-CLT) was constituted at National Law Institute University (NLIU), Bhopal in the year 2019. It aims to create and promote an environment of debate and discussion on issues relating to Technology Law.
The Cell has been continuously taking efforts to engage in a variety of activities to keep up with its vision to be ahead of the curve when it comes to the intricate interactions between technology and legal policy. When it comes to the intricate interactions between technology and legal policy, the Cell wants to be ahead of the curve.
The Cell is excited to organize the second iteration of the Competition this year, which will include participation from law students throughout the nation and abroad. Ikigai Law has consented to be our Law Firm Partner for the same.
This year the Competition will be held entirely in a physical setup. The teams shall be asked to put forth policy proposals that will address the policy questions put before them. The submissions made by them will undergo review by the team at Ikigai and the qualifying teams will be expected to give an oral presentation before a panel of judges.
After the first presentation (Preliminary Round), all participants shall be given detailed feedback pursuant to which they will be given an opportunity to revise their proposal within a day’s time. Mentors shall be provided for the day.
Selected teams shall then present their revised proposals in front of the judges for the final round. The winner shall be decided on the basis of both written submission and final oral presentation.
Internet Platform Regulation
The internet and large internet platforms are all-pervasive in today’s world. One of the key challenges of our time is to find the sweet spot of regulation that balances user interests, regulatory concerns, and the need to allow innovative businesses to flourish.
These are hard questions that countries all over the world are grappling with at the moment. Participants will be required to suggest a model for platform regulation that is best suited to India. This will involve examining and evaluating approaches to platform regulation across the globe and assessing whether these work for India.
- Participants shall be given an opportunity to be a part of the Two Round Table Conferences this year, conducted as part of Techtonic 2023.
- The Round Table Conference shall include panelists who are the corps d’elite of the trade from across the nation and abroad. The Conference shall be graced by academicians as well as industry experts from various renowned law firms who shall present their viewpoints. All the participants of Techtonic shall have the opportunity to witness it on our scenic campus.
- All registered candidates shall have the opportunity to attend an Online Session on ‘How to Write a Policy Proposal’ by Ikigai Law.
- Winners shall have the opportunity to intern with Ikigai Law.
- Various publication opportunities shall be provided to the top ten policy proposals.
- All teams shall get a chance to impress various think tanks and NGOs to land long-term internship and mentoring opportunities on their proposed policies.
- All teams shall have the opportunity to interact with and get mentoring sessions with industry experts from think tanks and law firms.
- All teams shall have the opportunity to interact and collaborate with like-minded peers and colleagues.
- A Certificate of Participation shall be awarded to all participants.
The detailed rulebook for the written rounds shall be published after the problem is released.
The detailed rulebook for the oral rounds shall be published after registrations close.
- Registration Opens: November 9, 2022
- Online Session on ‘How to Write a Policy Proposal’ by Ikigai Law: November 20, 2022 (The link to join the session shall only be sent to registered candidates)
- Release of the Policy Problem: November 20, 2022
- Registration Closes: December 18, 2022
- Deadline for Written Submission for the Policy Case Competition: December 18, 2022
- Declaration of Result of the Written Submissions: January 9, 2023
- Dates for Oral Presentation: February 10, 2023, to February 12, 2023
In case of any queries, please write to us at email@example.com.
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on Lexpeeps is true to our knowledge. But still, it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.