About the Webinar
With the Reserve Bank of India indicating towards a Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDCs), Billionaires venturing into the wild race of digital currencies, Non-Fungible Tokens becoming sensational within the Memes and Gifs community; it has become essential to comprehend the regulations behind transactions within countries and cross-transactions. Due to the broad spectrum of digital currencies, circumstances have to be analyzed with due diligence and digital forensics to ensure the safeguard of such currencies.
To provide a holistic view of the fundamentals of digital currencies, we invite you to our National Webinar.
“Overview of Cryptocurrency in South Asia” on 16th April 2021 (5 PM IST onwards).
Topics for Discussion
- The response of the South Asian industries towards investing and exchanging through digital Currencies.
- The mechanism behind cross-border transactions and the intervention of Government regulations behind it.
- The process behind monitoring digital Currencies and the liberalization provided for its investors and exchangers.
- The role of due diligence and cryptocurrency forensics to regulate digital currencies.
- The evolution of regulating it within the Indian Judiciary.
- A brief note on the spectrum of digital currencies harming the environment.
About the Resource Speakers
- Mr. Pattnaik is the Co-Founder and CEO of Merkle Science, which works towards risk-monitoring solutions to detect and prevent the illegal use of cryptocurrencies. Prior to founding Merkle Science, Mr. Pattnaik has worked on investment banking, technologies, and cryptocurrency across three continents. He has previously led the business expansion for Luno, a Naspers-backed crypto exchange across Southeast Asia and Africa and has provided his diligence towards Medtech institutions as well.
- Mr. Akand Sitra is a Business Strategist at TRM Labs that curates Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Transaction Monitoring and Investigation tools, which cater to intelligence and law-enforcement agencies to clients from across the World. He has previously worked as the Assistant Central Intelligence Officer for the Intelligence Bureau, Government of India. Mr. Sitra is widely recognized for his speeches on entrepreneurship in Cyberspace and vocalizing public policies regarding cyber regulations.
Limited seats available, participants will be selected on a first come first serve basis. The last date for registration is 14th April 2021 (Wednesday 11:59 PM).
Note: That this National Webinar only intends to discuss the quintessential of it and in no manner does it endorse digital currencies or surge the buying power of it.
E-Certificates shall be provided post attendance of the National Webinar.
For further queries, kindly contact the following individuals:
- Gitanjali Sadan: 9895523766
- Karneet Kaur Bhasin: 9515520067
- e-Mail us at: cscls[at]slsh.edu.in