SCOPE OF WORK:
Under the overall authority of the Director of the UNESCO Asia and Pacific Regional Bureau for Education (UNESCO Bangkok), and the supervision of Chief of Section for Inclusive Quality Education (IQE), the consultant will
undertake the regional research study, including four in-depth case studies from the Asia-Pacific region (India, Indonesia, Tuvalu and Viet Nam) and a regional synthesis report.
The core responsibilities of the consultant include to:
● Undertake research of the four countries in the Asia-Pacific region identified by UNESCO (India, Indonesia, Tuvalu and Viet Nam), and develop four country case study reports.
● Produce a regional synthesis report, based on the four country case studies, and one country case study on Bangladesh.
● Participate in regular interactive meetings organised by UNESCO to monitor the progress based on an agreed timeframe, identify jointly with UNESCO pending issues, and provide updates on the assigned deliverables.
The consultancy is open to suitably qualified institutions/organizations.
- An officially registered entity with valid registration.
- Relevant experience in the themes such as the right to education, migration, climate change, disaster risk reduction.
- A strong network of partners in the above-mentioned areas, especially in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Publications or co-authorship of knowledge products.
Qualifications of Senior Expert/ Team Leader
- Advanced academic degree in the above-mentioned related field (preferably education; human rights; international development; sociology, etc.).
- Proven experience in designing research methodology and tools, and synthesizing material of a technical or scientific nature.
- Excellent skills on writing for academic publications and other professional written work, including for a general audience.
Qualifications of Team Member
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in the above-mentioned related fields.
- Strong skills in research methods for qualitative and quantitative data and data analysis.
- Excellent analytical, writing, and communication skills in the English language.
Interested institutions, which meet the above-required qualifications are invited to submit a short written
- A letter of intent,
- Technical proposal, and
- Financial proposal
Expressions of interest should be submitted no later than 12 April 2021, midnight Bangkok time (GMT +7:00) to
the attention of:
Chief, IQE Section
UNESCO Bangkok Office
Subject line: Regional Research on Climate Change Displacement and its Impact on the Right to Education