The Chair on Consumer Laws at National Law University, Delhi in association with the Department of Consumer Affairs, Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution, Government of India is organizing the 4th edition of the National Quiz Competition (Online) 2022 on Consumer Protection Laws on November 12, 2022.
The Consumer Protection Act, 2019 came into effect in August 2019. It has repealed and completely overhauled the Consumer Protection Act, 1986 with the objective to provide timely and effective administration and settlement of consumer disputes.
Consumer protection laws represent one of the most critical components of the market architecture of the economy with a wide range of stakeholders. It is essential that the students of law, commerce, management, and all other streams understand the nuances of this specialised subject through both education and training in this field.
Undergraduate students, from all disciplines, may participate in an individual capacity.
- 1st position: ₹6,000
- 2nd position: ₹4.000
- 3rd position: ₹2,000
- All participants will be issued Certificates of Participation. The Quiz promises to be an enriching and exciting way of learning more about consumer protection laws in India.
October 25, 2022, 11:59:59 PM
- A maximum of three students from a single College/University may register: participants will be shortlisted on a first-come-first-served basis. Only applicants who have been successfully registered shall be contacted for further details.
- Further, no winner of any previous editions of the quiz can participate in the 2022 edition.
- The participants are advised to have seamless internet connectivity. In case a participant logs out or disconnects from the quiz at any time due to internet connectivity or otherwise, they will be treated as an ‘external person’ for the remainder of the quiz; i.e. they cannot rejoin the Quiz. The organizers will NOT entertain any complaints regarding connectivity in view of the sanctity of the National Quiz
- Each participant shall provide one valid email address to the Chair at the time of registration.
- The Chair has the sole discretion to enforce, clarify, interpret the rules; resolve any disputes that may arise during the Competition and has the power to change/supplement the rules, if any changes or supplements are necessary.
- Participants may register online through the link given at the end of this post.
- There is no registration fee.
- Registration will close at 11:59:59 pm on October 25, 2022.
- Upon registration, shortlisted participants will receive detailed Rules of Procedure for the Quiz including instructions for preliminary and final rounds, marking scheme, duration, scoring and other relevant details.
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on Lexpeeps is true to our knowledge. But still, it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.