About the Organiser
Banaras Hindu University is an internationally reputed temple of learning, situated in the holy city of Varanasi. This creative and innovative university was founded by the great nationalist leader, Pandit Madan Mohan Malviya, in 1916 with the cooperation of great personalities like Dr. Annie Besant, who perceived it as the University of India. Banaras Hindu University was created under the Parliamentary Legislation – The B.H.U. Act 1915.
The Faculty of Law, BHU has a hundred-year-old history that is incomparable to any traditional institution in this country. This fine law institution has produced great legal luminaries in the past and continues to produce the world’s greatest minds to serve in the legal field.
About the Competition
This is the 9th edition of the prestigious Mahamana Malaviya National Moot Court Competition organized by the Faculty of Law, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi. In the previous editions, students of leading universities from all over the country have participated in this competition.
Esteemed members of the Bar Council, as well as the Judiciary, were invited as judges to adjudicate various rounds of the competition. We are looking forward to providing a wonderful mooting experience to all the participants this year round too.
The previous edition of the event, the 8th Mahamana Malaviya National Moot Court Competition 2020 was organized by Faculty of Law, BHU on 26-28 June 2020.
The competition was organized in collaboration with PSL Advocates and Solicitors and was supported by the International Chamber of Commerce, Young Arbitrators Forum and, Agrawal & Sikaria Associates. The moot proposition dealt with Dispute Resolution and Arbitration.
The multiple rounds of the event were judged by eminent professors, lawyers and judges. The final round was judged by Vibhu Bakhru J., Pratibha M Singh, J and, Mr. Abhinav Bhushan.
The competition is open to bona fide undergraduate students from recognized Colleges/Institutions/Universities currently pursuing Bachelor’s Degree in Law through recognised courses.
The event will take place virtually through online video conferencing platforms.
How to Register?
- All the teams willing to participate in the ‘9th Mahamana Malaviya National Moot Court Competition, 2022’ must express their willingness for the same by mailing a duly filled scanned copy of the Registration Form.
- The mail shall be sent to email@example.com with the subject “Registration for 9th Mahamana Malaviya National Moot Court Competition, 2022” on or before February 24th, 2022, 11:59 PM IST.
- This shall be considered as provisional registration of the participating institution. More details on the subject can be found in the competition brochure.
- Post evaluation of memorials, the teams qualifying for the final registration shall have to deposit a participation fee of INR 3,000 latest by 24th March 2022, 11:59 PM IST.
- The details of payment method will be intimated along with the result of memorial evaluation on 22nd March.
- Winning Team: INR 30,000
- Runner Up: INR 20,000
- Best Speaker: INR 7,000
- Best Memorial: INR 7,000
- Release of Moot Problem – 15th February 2022
- Last Date for Provisional Registration – 24th February 2022
- Submission of Memorials – 15th March 2022
- Result of Memorial Evaluation – 22nd March 2022
- Last Date for Final Registration – 24th March 2022
For seeking clarifications, the following persons can be contacted:
- Ravi Mishra, Student Member, Moot Court Committee (Mobile Number- 9871441266)
- Anshuman Jaiswal, Student Member, Moot Court Committee (Mobile Number- 7905274997)
- Shivangi Singh, Student Member, Moot Court Committee (Mobile Number- 9305171253)
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on LexPeeps is true to our knowledge. But still it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.