About the Organizer
NMIMS started operations at Bengaluru (Koramangala) in 2008. Now it has a full-fledged main campus located on Bannerghatta Road.
The School of Law was established in 2018 by NMIMS University, one of the premiers Deemed to be Universities in India.
About the Legal Opinion Drafting Competition 2022
NMIMS Bangalore’s School of Law is inviting students to participate in its 1st National Opinion Drafting Competition, which will be conducted online.
All students enrolled bona fide in an undergraduate i.e., 3 years/5 years or postgraduate law program conducted by any college or university shall be eligible for participation in the competition.
In this competition, cross-institutional teams are allowed to participate.
Each participating team shall comprise of a minimum of one (1) member and a maximum of two (2) members.
- Date: The date of the Memorial Submission will be April 10, 2022, 11:59 PM.
- Venue: The Memorial Submission will take place via Google form provided by the organizing committee.
- Language: The language of the competition will be ENGLISH only.
- Team Code to be indicated at the bottom right corner in bold. (For example – NVMC 01) which shall be intimated to the respective teams.
- The structure of the legal opinion is on the discretion of the participants. The legal opinion should not exceed the word limit of 10,000. Exceeding the word limit, the candidate will lose 10 marks.
- The Legal opinion shall be typed on A4 size page in Font type: Times New Roman; Font size: 12, 1.5-line spacing, 1-inch margin on each side.
- All the pages of the submission should have page numbers at the bottom.
- 20th Blue Book edition for footnotes shall be followed.
- Only soft copies of Legal Opinion shall be submitted in both .pdf and .docx format latest by 11.59 pm on 10th April 2022.
- Participants will be provided with a link of google forms for the submission of Legal Opinion. The name of the file must be “Legal Opinion – (Team Code) – 2022” and the format of the file must be .docx and pdf. In case the name of the file is not as prescribed, the submission will not be accepted, and the organizing committee will not be responsible for the delay of such submissions. The identification mark of any type is strictly prohibited. Breach of this rule shall lead to penalty or disqualification.
Registration and Payment
Registration will be only accepted through Google Form. Register for the competition through the link- https://forms.gle/e1UmWBySpzvh8BqC8
Registration Fee: Rs 400 per team
- Account number: 00000020450319296
- IFSC Code: SBIN0000107
- Bank: State Bank of India
- Account Holder Name: Dhriti Bole
- 1st Prize: Cash prize of Rs. 11,000 and Internship Opportunity at Legacy Law Offices
- 2nd Prize: Cash prize of Rs. 6,000
- 3rd Prize: Cash prize of Rs. 3,000
Mr. Pritam Ghosh
Faculty Coordinator, School of Law, NMIMS Bengaluru
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Isha Tripathi
Convenor, Moot Court Society, School of Law, NMIMS Bengaluru
- Email Address: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Information: 8882175520/9911878111
Ms. Dhriti Bole
Co-Convenor, Moot Court Society, School of Law, NMIMS Bengaluru
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on LexPeeps is true to our knowledge. But still, it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.