Lawcutor is an online platform which aims to bring the global community of Lawyers closer to one another. It deals in all aspects of law, brings about news from all around the globe to your fingertips.
Lawcutor brings forth an online National Debate Competition on Constitutional Law (First Edition) for you to enhance and add on to your existing Constitutional Law.
Apply latest by: September 25th-26th, 2020
Law doesn’t discriminate on any basis, then how can we? The competition is open to all, and what really requires is your zeal to participate and enthusiasm to learn something more.
Date of Quiz: August 23rd, 2020
Last Date of Registration: September 16th, 2020
Registration Fee: Rs. 100
Theme for the event
- Winner – Certificate of Excellence+ Materials related to various law subjects + Internship Opportunity as Legal Research at Lex Peeps + Content Writing Internship at Libertatem Magazine + Free Publication of blog on LawShastra Portal + Prize Money Rs. 800
- 1st Runner-up– Certificate of Excellence+ Materials related to various law subjects + Internship Opportunity as Legal Research at Lex Peeps + Content Writing Internship at Libertatem Magazine + Free Publication of blog on LawShastra Portal + Prize MoneyRs. 500
- All the Semi-finalists will be given Certificate of Merit + Internship Opportunity as Legal Research at Lex Peeps + Content Writing Internship at Libertatem Magazine + Free Publication of blog on LawShastra Portal.
- Top 5 performers will get an opportunity to become a Campus Ambassador of Lawcutor for the month of October 2020.
- Certificate of Participation will be given to all the participants.
NOTE: Digital Certificates will be issued.
Payment mode and Details
Account Number- 00712193000055
Account Holder Name- Gunjan Chawla
Bank Name & Branch- Oriental Bank of Commerce, Gurgaon railway road.
For registration, click here
For any query, send your mail at email@example.com
Format and rules for Debate
- FORMAT OF THE DEBATE–
Participation shall be on Individual basis (1 vs. 1)
2. TIME LIMITS FOR EACH SPEAKER-
Preliminary Rounds- 12 Minutes (Including rebuttals)
Semi-Final Rounds- 15 minutes (Including rebuttals)
Final Rounds- 20 Minutes (Including rebuttals)
a. As for now, there are three rounds planned:
- Preliminary Round
- Semi-finale Round
- Final Round
Based on the no. of registration, an additional round “Quarter-final Round” will be added and the same will be communicated by 17th September. The rules and topic for the Quarter-final Round will be same as that of the Preliminary Round.
b. The topic for the Preliminary Round is “Encounter Killings: Social Acceptance or a Shame on Judicial System?”
c. The topic for the Semi-finale Round and the Final Round will be notified on 26th September after the declaration of the result of the Preliminary Round.
d. The topic for the Semi-finale Round and the Final Round will be same.
e. All must be presented in English.
f. Since, the debate is conducted on an online platform; each participant’s video should be turned on throughout the round. However, Microphone should be turned on only when it is his/her chance to speak.
g. Exceeding the total time would attract negative marking.
h. The opinion of the speaker must be backed up by a legal principle, theory or any provision.
i. If a Speaker cites any facts, he/she must give full details of the news article, report, etc., from which the facts were cited.
j. Decision of the Judges would be final.
4. DECORUM OF THE COMPETITION
a. All the Participants must wear formals on both the days.
b. Only the first Speaker is allowed to do “Rebuttal”. However, based on the discretion of the Judges, second Speaker could be allowed to counter the “Rebuttal”.
c. While “Rebuttal”, the Speakers must adhere to the disciplinary guidelines that include:
- No personal comment on the other Speaker’s arguments/presentation
- The counter-points must be backed up by legal principles, theories and other reports.
- The Speaker must stop speaking once his/her allotted time gets over. The moderator will inform about the same. However, he/she may ask for an extension from the Judges, if allotted, he she/she can continue.
5. POST REGISTRATION
All the participants will be added in a WhatsApp group on 17th September, 2020. Post that, all the communication will be held in the group itself.
Mr. Shubham Sharma (Founder & Owner, Lawcutor)
Ms. Gunjan Chawla, (Board Member, Team Lawcutor)
For any assistance or Clarification feel free to contact-
Riya Bhardwaj (Convener)
For more information visit here https://lawcutor.com/2020/08/17/national-debate-competition-on-constitutional-law-first-edition/