About Amity Law School Noida
Amity Law School Noida, (ALSN), an institution of Amity University, Uttar Pradesh, not only focuses on the legal aptitude but also on the practicality, while enlightening the students on the intricacies of law. It is fully geared to provide its students with an innovative and stimulating exposure. The high standards of legal education integrate their legal concepts with an incisive and practical understanding of law. The courses here develop the general skills and core competencies essential for legal education. The focus is on the development of the capacity to analyze and reason, oral and written communication, knowledge application,
intellectual curiosity and professional integrity. Amity Law School Noida has been organizing various National and International Mooting competitions, Quizzes, Debates to encourage the students to develop their interest towards law as a whole.
About the Tournament
The ADR Society of Amity Law School Noida is pleased to announce the 5th edition of the prestigious Amity Alternative Dispute Redressal Tournament 2022, scheduled on 3rd March -4th March 2022. This event would be a great opportunity for all law students (Currently pursuing a five-year integrated course, three-year LLB or LLM) across the world.
This event is of great importance in the present scenario as in India there is a legal regime regulating Arbitration & Conciliation and it will help simulate transactional negotiations or mediation, as it involves diverse areas of law, including environmental, intellectual property, family law etc. It is a 2-day event which will consist of three sub-events namely Mediation- Arbitration, Negotiation and Client Counseling. ADR encourages litigants to negotiate directly with each other prior to some other legal process that are very much like a courtroom process. It is an upcoming law arena devoted to preparing a generation of law professionals
capable of facing future demands confidently.
It is a unique initiative and one of the best avenues worldwide where students can experience a medley of dispute resolution activities simultaneously. The main event comprised three sub-events which gives more subject-specific and efficient control over the event and stipulated the knowledge station effectively.
The brief of the events are as follows:
-The Mediation Arbitration Competition – It is a hybrid of Mediation and Arbitration. Each team will consist of 2 participants. A neutral party is adopted for mediation and if failed the party must go for Arbitration.
– Negotiation competition – Each team will consist of 2 participants one will be the attorney and the other being the client, who will negotiate the differing party in the most adept manner.
-Client Counseling Competition – Each team shall consist of 2 members. The Competition simulates a law office consultation in which two law students, acting as lawyers are presented with a hypothetical dispute brought before them by a client-actor.
*Note: One team can participate only in one event in the whole ADR Tournament.
Subject Matter of the Competition:
- Civil Law
- Contract Law
- Constitutional Law
- Consumer Law
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Family Law
- Environmental Laws
- Property Law
- Company Law
- Any Other Ancillary Laws.
(Note: The subject area is not limited to the above-mentioned domain of law)
- It is mandatory for each college/institute team to take part in all 3 above-mentioned events to be eligible for the ADR Tournament Prize.
- Maximum two teams from each college/institute are allowed to participate in each event.
- The participants shall be students from any year/semester of the three or five-year LLB course or LLM from any Law College/Institute.
- To register for 5 th Amity ADR Tournament, please fill the following form to book a slot:-CLICK HERE
- The mode of the competition will be depending upon the situation of the pandemic along with state government rules.
- Negotiation simulations should be sent to the given email address with the subject “Negotiation stimulation by: Team Code-**” on the specified dates. Email Address: – firstname.lastname@example.org
- For any query Subject of the email to be sent will be “5th Amity ADR Tournament Query” along with the details of their respective colleges.
- The participants shall have the hard copy as well as a soft copy of Negotiation Simulations handy at the time of the event, so as to share it if required.
- The competition is capped to the participation of 40 institutes across the globe. The Registration will be accepted on first-cum-first-serve basis.
- Copy of the vaccination certificate for either dose is needed to be submitted to the institution beforehand.
- Lunch will be provided by the ADR committee on both days of the event.
- In case the participating teams are coming from out of town, they will be provided with full assistance by the core committee to find accommodation near the campus, but no accommodation would be provided by us.
Last Date to fill the Registration form: 22nd January 2022
Last Date for payment:05th February 2022
Release of Negotiation Problem:15th February 2022
Last date to seek clarification of the Negotiation Problem:18th February 2022
Date of clarification’s release: 20th February 2022
Last date to Submit Negotiation Simulation: 01st March 2022
Release of Med-Arb Problem: 01st March 2022
Rs 3000/- per event ( Mode of Payment details will be out shortly).
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on LexPeeps is true to our knowledge. But still it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.