About the Organiser
NMIMS has over the last 35 years grown from a management institute offering a single product namely MBA education to a Deemed to be University offering multiple products through separate schools in Business Management, Pharmacy, Technology Management & Engineering, Hospitality, Architecture, Science, Commerce, Economics, and Law.
The School of Law offers students with prospective firsthand learning, allowing them to fully imbibe the knowledge of Law with exposure to Critical Thinking, Legal Writing, Moot Courts. The School of Law apart from this.
Abut the Moot Competition
The SVKM’s NMIMS School of Law First National Moot-Court Competition, 2022 is the first edition of the Moot-Court Competition organized by School of Law, Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Navi Mumbai.
The event aims to construct a productive platform where young legal minds come together and showcase their skills which are far more valuable than winning or being eliminated in an event.
Eligibility and Team Composition
Participation is strictly restricted to bonafide undergraduate law students pursuing the three years or five years LL.B. degree programme from the Institution/University recognized by Bar Council of India.
There shall be no restriction in more than one participation from one Institution. In case of two teams from one participating Institute qualify for Oral Rounds, the team scoring more in Memorial Round shall be allowed to continue in Oral Rounds. Each team shall comprise of two speakers and one researcher. Team of three is compulsory.
Once registered, a team will not be permitted to vary the composition of the team members in any manner. Changes, if any, may only be made with the express permission of the Administrators (at their discretion), if due reason is shown for the same.
Any changes with respect to the contact details shall be notified to the competition administrators with immediate effect. This obligation to inform shall continue throughout the course of the Competition.
Mode of the Competition
The procedure for registration for the competition is as follows:
- Teams shall register themselves through the Google Form link.
- All the teams shall be required to make a payment of INR 1800/- via NEFT in favour of details provided below to register for the Competition:
- NEFT Details:
- Name: ADITI PAREEK
- Bank: STATE BANK OF INDIA
- Account Number: 38155352625
- IFSC Code: SBIN0031779
- The last date for completion of all the registration formalities is on or before 11 March 2022 (till 11:59 P.M. IST).
- Registering Team will be required to attach payment receipt while registering themselves through the Google Form.
- The Memorial has to be submitted only in soft copy.
- Each Team shall submit the soft copy of the Memorial, in “pdf and doc” format on or before 10 April, 2022 not later than 11:59 pm [IST] as per rules mentioned in the Competition Manual.
- Each Team has to send four (4) separate file attachments: two (2) as Memorial for the Petitioner(s) [one each in PDF and Microsoft Word (.docx or .doc) format] and two (2) as Written Submission for the Respondent (s) [one each in PDF and Microsoft Word (.docx or .doc) format].
Awards and Prizes
- Winning Team: A cash prize of 12,000 and an e-certificate of merit
- Runner-Up Team: A cash prize of 8,000 and an e-certificate of merit
- 2nd Runner-Up Team: A cash prize of 6,000 and an e-certificate of merit
- Best Speaker: A cash prize of 4000 and an e-certificate of merit
- Best Memorial: A cash prize of 4000 and an e-certificate of merit
- All the participants will be awarded with an e-certificate of participation
March 11, 2022
- Closure of Registration: 11 March 2022
- Last Date to Seek Clarifications: 25 March 2022
- Release of Clarifications: 28 March 2022
- Memorial Submission: 10 April 2022
- Results- Memorial Round: 18 April 2022
- Oral Rounds: 23rd and 24th April 2022
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Aditi Pareek (President): +91 88907 18195
- Muskaan Halani (Vice-President): +91 96195 82858
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on LexPeeps is true to our knowledge. But still, it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.