About the Conference and organizers:
Centre for Training and Research in Commercial Regulations (CTRCR), MNLU Mumbai is organizing One Day National Seminar on ‘Competition Policy & Cartels’. MNLU Mumbai is a premier National Law University and the Centre for Training and Research in Commercial Regulations is dedicated to training & research in areas of commercial laws & practices.
The objective of the conference is to:
- Provide an interactive forum to engage in the discourse on Substantive and Procedural laws in Cartel.
- Stimulate research and debate on contemporary challenges in a digital market economy with respect to Cartels.
- Develop a better understanding of competition concerns in different types of cartels in different market conditions.
- Create a network among the academicians, researchers, students, and industry (particularly those working in the area of Competition Law) so as to develop an environment for the exchange of ideas between academia and industry.
- Legal & Enforcement Framework
- Cartels in the digital platform market
- Hard Core Cartels
- Soft Cartels
- International Cartels
- Dawn Raids & Investigations
- Calculation of Fines in various jurisdictions
- Punishments: Civil & Criminal Liability
- Leniency Programme
- Extraterritorial Jurisdiction
- Private Enforcement Actions
- Cartels in Pandemic Times
Note: The sub-themes mentioned above are only suggestive. The authors are free to include any issues within the main theme.
Who should participate?
This conference is aimed at students, researchers, academicians, executives of companies, and practitioners in the area of Competition Law. The conference will have a balance of lectures and presentations from academicians as well as practitioners.
There can be a maximum of three Co-Authors for a Research Paper. All the authors as well as co-authors will have to separately register themselves by paying the requisite registration fees.
- One co-author or all may present the paper.
- Only those who submit the full paper can attend the conference and present their paper.
Dates to remember:
- Last date of submission of abstracts: 26 November 2020
- Review, Selection and intimation to authors: 28 November 2020
- Last Day for Early Bird Registration for Conference: 30 November 2020
- Last Day of Submission of Full Paper: 9 December 2020
- Conference Date: 12 December 2020
Abstracts shall be submitted in a word document, with a covering letter containing:
- the name,
- designation, and
- affiliation/profile of the author(s),
and should be emailed to kiran[at]mnlumumbai.edu.in and the subject of the mail shall be ‘Abstract Submission’.
Certificate of Merit would be given for Best Presentation in each session.
All Certificates will be couriered to the address of participants.
Subject to the consent of any reputed publisher, few selected papers may be published in book form.
Under Graduate Students
- Early Bird Registration Rs. 750/-
- Late Registration Rs. 1000/-
- Early Bird Registration Rs. 1000/-
- Late Registration Rs. 1500/-
For Participants of Certificate Course on Competition Law: Rs. 500
- Beneficiary Name: Maharastra National Law University, Mumbai
- Bank Name: Punjab National Bank
- Branch: Powai (Mumbai)
- Account Number: 8709000100018239
- IFSC Code: PUNB0870900
On the selection of abstracts, the author/authors have to register by making an online payment. In the case of more than one author, all co-authors have to register separately.
After registration, participants shall write a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Registration and Payment Details’. The mail shall include the Amount deposited, date of transaction, and transaction ID.
For any query, write a mail to kiran[at]mnlumumbai.edu.in
Visit us for more such opportunities: https://lexpeeps.in/