About the Organisation
HRSPM’s Sarsenapati Hambirrao Mohite Law College, Rajgurunagar (Affiliated to Savitribai Phule Pune University, approved by bar council of India) is pleased to announce National Online Moot Court Competition, 2022 with knowledge partners Ochre (India).
About the Moot Court Competition
The Surrogacy Law Online Moot Court Competition is scheduled to be held online from 11th March 2022 to 13th March 2022.
HRSPM’s Sarsenapati Hambirrao Mohite Law College, Rajgurunagar is pleased to invite a team from your esteemed institution to participate in the enriching experience of this Moot Court Competition. The theme for this year’s Moot Proposition is the conflict between surrogacy laws and human rights.
Only undergraduate students (LLB 3 years/ 5 years) of any recognized law college in the country are eligible to participate in the competition.
- Registrations for the competition are now open.
- Your esteemed university/Institute can provisionally register for the competition by sending an email to email@example.com stating your interest to register by filling up an online form.
- Each Team must send a soft copy of the memorials, in .pdf format only, for evaluation by March 9, 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject“Memorials for National Moot Court Competition- (Team Code)”
- The file should be named NMCC_ (Team Code)
- Register through the link given- https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdx1hGRFrk_kdXzBqMEGXYGyQLiVuvo6YOWfaAWCc2nlrtRag/viewform
- Please note that registration is on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- Participation is limited to 50 teams only.
Registration Fee and Payment
- Only after the provisional registration has been confirmed, Participants can pay the registration amount of Rs. 2100/- via NEFT/ GooglePay/ Paytm.
- Account details shall be provided at the registered email address.
- Please note that the teams must fill in the registration form and make the payment before March 5, 2022.
- A screenshot of the registration form and payment receipt should be sent to email@example.com
|Last date for registration||March 5, 2022|
|Last date to seek clarification||March 7, 2022|
|Last date of submission (Soft Copies of Memorial)||March 9, 2022|
|Oral Rounds||March 11-13, 2022|
Note: It is a paperless moot court competition therefore, participants need not send hard copies to the organizers.
The memorial must have the following pages only:
Cover Page – The cover page shall contain the case title, year of the competition, name of the Court, and team Code on the top right corner.
Table of Contents
List of Abbreviations
Index of Authorities
Statement of Jurisdiction
Statement of Facts
Summary of Arguments
Pleadings /Arguments Advanced
|Content Specifications: |
The following content specifications must be strictly adhered to:
Font and Size (General) – Times New Roman, 12 pts
Line Spacing (General) – 1.5 lines
Font and Size (Footnotes) – Times New Roman, 10 pts
Line Spacing (Footnotes) – Single line
Page Margins – 1 inch on all sides
The citation should be in compliance with the 20thedition of Bluebook.
Team Code: The team code must be ascribed to the top right corner of the cover page.
Rules for the Oral Rounds
- The draw of Lots: The matchup of teams in the Preliminary Rounds shall be determined based on the draw of lots.
- The draw of lots and Memorial Exchange shall take place after the Inaugural Ceremony on March 11, 2022.
- The preliminary rounds will be held on March 11, 2022. The Preliminary rounds shall comprise Two Rounds of oral arguments subject to the allotment of team codes. In the preliminary rounds, each team shall have to argue twice, once as a petitioner and the other as a respondent.
- Each team will get a total of 20 minutes to present its case. This time will include rebuttal time. The division of time per speaker is left to the discretion of the team. Rebuttals can be made in not more than 2 minutes.
- The oral arguments should be confined to the issues presented in the memorial. The researcher may accompany the speakers during the oral rounds. Maximum scores for the oral rounds shall be 50 points per speaker, per judge. The speakers can provide copies of the compendium, only if the same is permitted by the Panel of Judges in their respective courtrooms. No two Teams will argue against each other more than once in the Preliminary Rounds.
- The winners of the preliminary rounds shall qualify for the Semi-Final Rounds. In case of a tie after taking winning scores into consideration, the decision shall be taken on the basis of the Memorial marks.
- The Semi-Final rounds shall comprise Four Teams. The Semi-Final rounds shall take place on March 12, 2022.
- The match-up of teams in Semi-Final Rounds shall be determined on the basis of the draw of lots. Each team will get 30 minutes to present its case which will include rebuttal time (if permitted by the judge(s)).
- The Final Round shall take place on March 13, 2022. The two teams who stand declared as winners of the Semi-Final Rounds shall qualify for the Final Rounds.
- Each team will get 40 minutes to present its case which will include rebuttal time (if permitted by the judge(s)).
- The Winner of the Final Round shall be declared the winner of the Competition.
Awards and Certificates
All participants shall get participation certificates & shall get a 50% discount for paper publication in a peer-reviewed journal
The competition embraces the following awards:
|Best Team:||Certificate + Rs. 10,000 (Ten Thousand) Prize money + Trophy + Gift Hamper + Internship Opportunity + Free Publication in Peer-Reviewed Journal|
|Runner up Team:||Certificate + Rs. 7,000 (Five Thousand) Prize money + Trophy + Internship Opportunity|
|Best Speaker:||Certificate + Rs. 5,000 (Five Thousand) Prize money + Trophy + Internship Opportunity|
|Best Researcher:||Certificate + Rs. 3,000 (Three Thousand) Prize money + Trophy|
|Best Memorial:||Certificate+Rs. 3,000 (Three Thousand) Prize money + Trophy|
Mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact at +91 9967072207 / +91 7400411044
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on LexPeeps is true to our knowledge. But still it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.