PhonePe is India’s leading digital payments platform with over 400 million+ registered users. Using PhonePe, users can send and receive money, recharge mobile, DTH, and data cards, pay at stores, make utility payments, buy gold, and make investments. PhonePe went live for customers in August 2016 and was the first non-banking UPI app that offered money transfers to individuals and merchants, recharges and bill payments to begin with. In 2017, PhonePe forayed into financial services with the launch of digital gold, providing users with a safe and convenient option to buy 24-karat gold securely on its platform. PhonePe has since launched Mutual Funds and Insurance products like tax-saving funds, liquid funds, international travel insurance, and Corona Care, a dedicated insurance product for the COVID-19 pandemic among others.
- Part of the BFSI Regulatory and Legal team at Bangalore with experience in any one of the BFSI sectors like stock broking, mutual funds, and investment advisor and open to work for all BFSI sectors. The role may involve the preparation, finalization, and presentation of applications including license/ registration applications to the Regulators, tracking Regulatory developments, preparation of Regulatory manuals for internal teams, interpretation of regulations, providing opinions on regulatory matters, coordination with internal teams, assisting in updating or drafting new polices on the basis of regulatory developments.
- Have experience in Regulatory Interactions along with strong commercial understanding and negotiating skills.
- Assist in developing BFSI standards aligned to the Regulations / regulatory requirements and internal policies/procedures.
Description of work areas
- Providing legal advice to business/compliance/ tech/ operations/ product on day to day operations of the business.
- Preparing and filing the new or renewal license applications and managing database for license applications and regulatory correspondence.
- Coordination with teams to ensure timely completion of all requirements and filing of the application.
- Interacting with Regulators on a regular basis in relation to applications/ licenses/ queries.
- Preparation of Regulatory Manuals / Guardrails for business including for any scheduled / unscheduled inspection by Regulators.
- Communications with relevant internal and external parties – business teams, Compliance, Tech or operations teams for resolution of their queries.
- Managing License database on a regular basis.
- Keep abreast of legislative change; maintain current knowledge of alterations in legislation to continue to improve contract versions
- Co-ordinate with Regulators
- LL.B/ LLM
- Minimum 8 years post-qualification experience. Open to work in all BFSI sectors. A right mix of law firm and in-house counsel experience in Banking, Stock broking, Insurance or other financial services would be preferred.
- Have strong drafting and communication skills.
- Overall good legal knowledge (financial sector laws, corporate law, business laws, data privacy, info sec standards, etc)
- Experience of interaction with BFSI Regulators.
- Insurance Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Parental Support
- Mobility Benefits
- Retirement Benefits
- Other Benefits
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on Lexpeeps is true to our knowledge. But still, it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.
For regular updates on more opportunities, we can catch up at-