At GEDU, they bring together students and professionals to drive progress through education. They are at the forefront of pioneering educational models that will shape the future of education. Their educational programmes around the world put their students on the path to becoming the leaders of the future.
Corporate Legal Counsel – Global
Legal Counsel provides a full range of legal services to upper management on relevant issues, ensuring compliance with internal controls and other formalities. They calculate risks in business processes and decisions while drafting contracts for patents or trademarks – all this is done before executing procedures that protect designs from infringement lawsuits. They also handle litigation when needed.
Legal Counsels are responsible for advising executive members on new laws, existing ones, and legal rights that would impact the functionality of their business. They oversee all aspects of this sphere, including acting as its representative; maintaining knowledge about the company’s documents and operations. Their responsibilities are as below, however, will not be limited to this:
- Giving accurate and timely counsel to executives on a variety of legal topics
- Collaborating with management to devise efficient defence strategies
- Specifying internal governance policies and regularly monitoring compliance
- Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations
- Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advice on possible legal issues
- Communicate and negotiate with external parties (regulators, external counsel, public authority etc.), creating relations of trust
- Draft and solidify agreements, contracts and other legal documents to ensure the company’s full legal rights
- Deal with complex matters with multiple stakeholders and forces
- Provide clarification on legal language or specifications to everyone in the organization
- Conduct your work with integrity and responsibility
- Maintain current knowledge of alterations in legislation
- Proven experience as a Legal Counsel in a business environment
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of corporate law and procedures
- Full comprehension of the influences of the external environment of a corporation
- Demonstrated ability to create legal defensive or proactive strategies
- The high degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Sound judgement and ability to analyse situations and information
- Outstanding communication skills
- Law degree
Corporate Legal Counsel – Global, will also be expected to demonstrate their commitment:
- to GBS values and regulations, including the equal opportunities policy.
- the GBS’s Social, Economic and Environmental responsibilities and minimise environmental impact in the performance of the role and actively contribute to the delivery of GBS’s Environmental Policy.
- to their Health and Safety responsibilities to ensure their contribution to a safe and secure working environment for staff, students, and other visitors to the campus.
Note: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned.
If eligible, please share your CVs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on Lexpeeps is true to our knowledge. But still, it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.
For regular updates on more opportunities, we can catch up at-