About the Company
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
The Legal & Policy Team is Snap’s dedicated in-house law firm, policy consultant, lobbyist, thought partner, and all-around advisor, and serves all of Snap Inc.’s subsidiaries and affiliates, including Snap Camera India Private Limited (“Snap India”). This team helps Snap do the right thing the right way, make better decisions, understand and manage risks, and creatively navigate challenges, both external and internal. We partner with Snap team members on a wide array of matters, including privacy, product, IP, commercial transactions, corporate governance, employment, acquisitions, litigation, and policy, and social impact. The Legal & Policy team values diversity and knows it powers us as we build an innovative and inclusive leadership culture centered on Snap’s values of Kind, Smart, and Creative.
Snap India is looking for a Legal Counsel (Chief Compliance Officer) – India to join our Legal Team!
What you’ll do:
- Working for Snap India, you’ll partner closely with our local team in India and Snap’s Legal, Public Policy, and other teams to ensure Snap India’s compliance with applicable Indian legal and internal policy requirements, including but not limited to India’s Information Technology Act, 2000 and India’s recently-adopted Information Technology Guidelines for Intermediaries and Digital Media Ethics Code Rules, 2021.
- Provide close compliance support and guidance to Snap India teams coordinating with government and law enforcement agencies, and handling user grievances.
- Provide privacy and other ad hoc legal counsel and support to the Snap India and Snap HQ teams as necessary.
- Provide regular feedback to Snap India and Snap’s other teams and leadership regarding the design and operation of Snap India’s compliance in India, the key issues, the emerging trends, and the effectiveness of Snap India’s compliance program operations, resourcing, and external understanding.
- Identify, propose, and support effective process and technical solutions to facilitate Snap India’s compliance with applicable Indian laws and regulations.
- Ensure Snap India stays abreast with current and anticipated regulations as well as industry best practices.
- Willingness to work off hours and overtime, including weekends and occasionally on holidays, in order to support emergency matters within India and interact with globally-based company employees.
- Report to Snap’s Global Data Protection Officer, who serves on Snap’s Legal’s Privacy and Product team.
- JD degree or foreign equivalent
- 8+ years of experience
- Resident of India, holding a valid Indian passport, preferably located in Mumbai
- Certifications in data protection is a plus
- Fluency in at least one Indian language and English
- Proven track record maintaining relationships with government agencies and other stakeholders in the relevant legal and compliance areas
- Experience working at a fast-paced growing international organization
- Experience working across different time zones with cross functional teams on compliance matters
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. EOE, including disability/vets. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Benefits: Snap Inc. is its own community, so we’ve got your back! We do our best to make sure you and your loved ones have everything you need to be happy and healthy, on your own terms. Our benefits are built around your needs and include paid maternity & paternity leave, comprehensive medical coverage, emotional and mental health support programs, and compensation packages that let you share in Snap’s long-term success.
How to Apply ?
For regular updates, join us: