Oxford University Press (OUP) is a department of the University of Oxford. It furthers the University’s objective of excellence in research, scholarship, and education by publishing worldwide.
OUP is the world’s largest university press with the widest global presence. It publishes in many countries, in more than 100 languages, and in a variety of formats – print and digital. OUP products cover an extremely broad academic and educational spectrum, and it aims to make content available to users in a format that suits them best.
In fulfilling the Press’s objective to further research, scholarship and education, OUP India today develops path-breaking digital and integrated learning solutions, while continuing to publish over 400 new books and revised editions every year. OUP India’s publishing programme covers school courses, higher education texts, academic and reference works, titles of general interest, bilingual dictionaries, atlases, adult ELT materials, and digital assessment products.
Established in 1912, OUP India is has grown to be one of the largest publishers in the region, with a strong presence in India and the neighboring countries, including Nepal, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh. Headquartered in Delhi – NCR, it has regional offices in Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai and Mumbai.
OUP India is committed to the continuous development of its publishing programmes, covering both print and digital, to meet the growing and varying learning needs of students, teachers, scholars and general readers in the region.
Key responsibilities include:
- Accountable for clearing third party permission for UK & Africa publishing team.
- Clearing permissions for text and images, performing photo research, fee negotiations with rights holders, contributing to savings.
- Managing multiple accounts with partner image banks and coordinating with Rights and Editorial colleagues for timely payments of invoices.
- Raising POs in Oxford Purchase for specific branches to process the payments and ensure timely payment to all image banks and third-party rights holders/vendors
- Ensuring archival of all permissions logs and letters and maintain data for future editions or revisions
- Ensuring compliance process is met for any new vendor
- Internal system knowledge of Digital Asset Management (DAM) and Rights Management System (RMS), maintain Active user accounts (Internal and External), upload and download of assets, manage rights statement, provide user’s account via raising tickets with GTSD, attend regular OPS meeting to discuss or raise issues with system performance, access and speed.
- Storage of all third-party permissions in Rights Management System (RMS)
You will be a strong Team Player with the ability to drive and support your team
- Graduate with minimum 5 years of experience.
- Knowledge of copyright Laws.
- Ability to liaise with range of editorial colleagues, image suppliers, designers, rights holders and key stakeholders
- Good understanding of copyright law and rights and permissions best practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Prior experience in Rights and permission activities
High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation
Knowledge of publishing
Link to Apply
For regular updates, join us: