*The project will be for a duration of 3 months requiring full-time capacity*
Our client, a leading global health equipment firm is looking to engage with a Legal Counsel to oversee the legal aspects of the business.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Advising various business verticals and functions on legal issues.
• Interpretation of laws and regulations and advising on their applicability.
• Strategizing and formulating litigation strategy in line with commercial objectives of the Company.
• Handle court cases independently, as and when required.
• Draft and vetting court pleadings, legal notices, responses to legal notices etc. and briefing outside counsels and law firms.
• Managing outside counsels to derive the optimum synergies.
• Collaborate with management to devise efficient proactive strategies.
• Specify internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance.
• Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advise on potential legal
• Communicate and negotiate with external parties (customers, regulators, external counsels, public authority etc.), creating relations of trust.
• Draft, negotiate and manage the agreements, contracts, MoUs, LoIs, and other legal
documents to ensure and protect the company’s legal rights.
• Responsible for managing Passport – an inhouse litigation system.
• Review and recommend revisions to templates periodically, to reflect new requirements
• Deal with complex matters with multiple stakeholders and forces.
• Provide clarification on legal language or specifications to everyone in the organization.
• Assisting with training and preparation of policies and procedures.
• Maintain current knowledge or amendments in legislation.
• LLB or Masters, having 10-12 years’ of PQE, largely as an inhouse counsel. Company
• Company Secretaryship is an additional mandatory requirement.
• Proven experience as a legal counsel in business environment
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of contract law, civil and criminal laws, corporate law and procedures.
• Demonstrated ability to create legal strategies
• High degree of professional ethics and integrity
• Sound judgement and ability to analyze situations and information
• Excellent communication and team skills
• Preference will be extended to domain knowledge in data privacy and/ or financing/leasing arrangements.
For regular updates, join us: