At Alfanar, we are committed to deliver a ‘Quality of Life’ in the industries and regions that we operate! Synergising our expertise and experience in delivering infra projects, we create a positive impact in the communities we work!
About the job
Alfanar is currently developing one of the biggest multi-utility Projects in Saudi Arabia. Alfanar intends to recruit a Contract Specialist who is a qualified lawyer having experience in infrastructure projects. The candidate is expected to work with the EPC division of Alfanar, who will be the Turnkey Contractor and EPC Coordinator for the Project. The candidate shall bring expertise & ownership into the business. In this role, Contract Specialist:
Ø Identifies business objectives of Alfanar EPC business, related issues, and facilitates risk/benefit analysis;
Ø Reviews, drafts and negotiates all related agreements, including Term Sheets, RFPs, LoIs, Framework Agreements, Supply Contracts, Civil Contracts, EPC Contracts mainly in English, sometimes in Arabic;
Ø Drives contract lifecycle from drafting through completion of the negotiation process, and/or contract execution. Manages contract change control process and related correspondence requiring legal input;
Ø Drafts, manages, distributes, responds to, or analyzes RFIs, RFPs, RFQs, or customer terms & conditions as needed.
Ø Maintains a deep understanding of contract templates, contracts policy, legal risk and liability, and company position on various matters.
Ø Prepares contracts for internal review and approval and ensures compliance with company policies as well as applicable laws or regulations;
Ø Interprets contracts and advises respective managers on contractual responsibilities;
Ø Translates complex commercial/legal scenarios into simple language and action plans;
Ø Advises on everyday legal issues related to the business of the Company
Ø Reviews creates and standardizes the contracts
Ø Assists in ensuring check-list compliance and Due-diligence.
Ø Assists in dispute/Litigation Management
Assists in any other related task with regard to effective management of legal affairs
- Serve as a key adviser to the Management on issues of risk management, policy implementation, internal and external communications relating to sensitive matters, strategic planning, and execution.
- Negotiate or review and approve all contracts and agreements between the Company and third parties
- Coordinate and supervise all outside legal advisors engaged to represent the Company with respect to various projects
- Assumes responsibility for special projects assigned from time to time by the Management
- Anticipate contracting issues and initiate appropriate actions to ensure contractual documents are processed efficiently and in accordance with business unit practices and company policies and guidelines
- Appoint external legal advisors and assist them in their work and act as a single point of contact of Alfanar Energy.
- Exercise reasonable judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining contracting solutions.
- Interface with various internal business units (Finance, Technical Accounting, Regulatory, Intellectual Property, etc.) to ensure contractual documents are drafted correctly to ensure revenue can be recognized appropriately.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS:
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Law
Minimum Experience: 5-7 Years of proven experience with graduate-level work emphasizing drafting, negotiating, and vetting of Contracts. A mix of law firm and in-house experience will be a plus.
· Uphold the highest standards of ethics and honesty in all transactions.
· Communicate openly, clearly, and completely (including excellent written skills).
· Listen to the needs of the internal client or external customer to understand the broader & context of issues that arise during contract negotiations.
. Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe, SharePoint
· Advocacy aptitude and experience
· Achievement Oriented
· Critical Thinking
· Commitment to Continuous Improvement
· Leadership and Vision
· Business acumen
· Calm temperament
· Communications skills
· Crisis management ability
· Foresight and identification of trends
· Integrity and good ethics
· Legal knowhow
· Management skills (including the ability to involve and coordinate internal and external resources, as well as a delegate)
· Media awareness
· Negotiation skills
. Problem-solving ability
Link to Apply-
For regular updates, join us: