Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Their businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
They’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of their business. Providing the opportunity for all their employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a care, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life.
If you would like some flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
KYC is part of the Client Onboarding Team, which is part of Global Operations Division and supports a wide variety of activities across a range of financial markets within Asia Pacific. The Group is primarily involved in the initial stages of client on-boarding, and ensuring that the appropriate Customer Due Diligence is performed in preserving the reputation of the bank.
What will you be doing?
The KYC team (part of Client Operations Group) is an integral part of the Global Operations Division and supports a wide variety of activities across a range of financial markets globally.
• The Group is primarily involved in the initial stages of client on-boarding, ensuring that the appropriate Customer Due Diligence and Counterparty Data Management is performed in preserving the reputation of the bank.
• Identify AML and regulatory required to complete Client KYC
• Perform Know Your Customer (KYC) checks on accounts to screen clients and review the information & documentation of the client as part of the Client Review process.
• Identify key issues and suspicions which relate to money laundering or terrorism financing during the course of the KYC and investigate/escalate them appropriately.
• Ensure that the KYC checks adhere to the relevant regulations, guidelines and processes that are in place to ensure Compliance.
• Service multiple asset classes and geographies. Working hours are APAC hours as the clients supported stem from these regions.
• Partner with Fin Crime and other internal teams to resolve exceptions in the KYC process.
• Risk and Control: All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
Main duties and responsibilities
• To process on-going KYC review for legal entities, branches and ensure that review is completed on a timely basis
• To conduct checks and due diligence on these accounts primarily looking out for adverse news/information that may be detrimental to the reputation of the bank in particular, any evidence of financial criminal activities.
• Responsible for identifying accounts that have been raised incorrectly or not in accordance with the relevant KYC Policies and Guidelines. Such accounts should be reviewed and rectified accordingly.
• Pro-active management of time to ensure adherence to stated SLAs when processing these accounts.
• To ensure adequacy/accuracy of regulatory documentation as per requirements from APAC authorities.
• Ensure accurate and proper maintenance of statistics for timely MIS reporting.
Implementation of ad-hoc projects and initiatives as and when required.
What they’re looking for:
• Experience in KYC or other AML related roles in an Investment Bank
• Minimum Diploma with strong academic background.
• High literacy in industry standards such as FACTIVA, World Check, ALACRA, OFAC etc.
• Proficient with MS Office and Google, Analytical and able to conduct detailed researches on the Internet.
• Highly organised with excellent attention to detail.
• Excellent time management and prioritisation skills.
• Ability to adopt and maintain a logical approach in a pressurised environment.
• Investigative in nature with a knack for seeking information.
• Confident individual who is comfortable with multi-tasking.
• Highly motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
• Strong team player.
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Good understanding of the mechanics of an Investment Bank setup.
• Basic knowledge of regulatory implications of different asset classes.
Where will you be working?
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Purpose and Values
They deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Their values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
Respect They harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone’s contribution.
Integrity They operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
Service They act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the center of what They do.
Excellence They champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
Stewardship They prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
They aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Their customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That’s why at Barclays They offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. They are proud of our flexible working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with us.
Link to apply-
For regular updates, join us: