Hiring for: Training Coordinator- Prevention of Violence Against Women
Apply by: 17th Sep 2021
Ideal joining: Immediate (Negotiable)
For application and queries, write to: firstname.lastname@example.org,
Read more about us at: www.jansahasindia.org
Thematic Area Violence Against Women and Children (VAWC)
About the organization
Jan Sahas aims to eliminate sexual violence and forced labour, with a focus on the most excluded social groups. Started in the year 2000 as a community-based entity working to end manual scavenging, today, we work intensively across 50+ districts in 10 states across northern India. We operate through ~750 full-time staff and ~5,000 village-based volunteers.
Despite our size, we remain a grassroots organization; 90% of our staff belong to communities and groups we serve – survivors of sexual violence and forced labour, single women, and Dalit and tribal communities. Enabling people, we serve to lead the fight against exclusion is central to our ethos.
Jan Sahas is committed to protecting and promoting the rights of socially excluded communities. Our work operates at the intersection of caste, class, and gender, and we are deeply passionate about ending all forms of exclusion, including slavery, sexual violence, and identity-based discrimination. We aim to integrate our values – equity, dignity, transformative leadership, co-creation, and integrity – in our work as well as our interaction with each other.
You can learn about the Violence Against Women and Children thematic area – https://jansahas.org/prevention-of-sexual-violence-against-women-children
Specific responsibilities and duties include:
· Undertake pieces of training on gender, gender-based violence, laws related to violence against women and children, various schemes and procedures.
· Coordinating with various departments to organize training for stakeholders like police, members of OSC, women and child department, child welfare committees, and others.
· Planning and conducting training for field staff of Jan Sahas and other CBO and CSO.
· Reporting and Documenting learning from training.
· Preparing Training Modules and other IEC Material.
· Ready to travel across the country for training.
· Engaging in discussions with different stakeholders for advocacy purposes.
· Closely work with thematic directors and support them with other tasks in relation to the implementation of programs.
Qualifications and experience required:
· Post-Graduation in the field of social work, law, women studies, or relevant subjects from a recognized university.
· Having an understanding of issues of gender, rights of women, children, and marginalized.
· Min 3-5 years’ training experience in the development sector particularly on the issue of gender.
· Experience in conducting training and planning and organizing programs.
· Experience in managing a team and work with multiple stakeholders.
· Proficiency in English and Hindi (Reading and Writing)
· Experience and expertise in working with survivors of gender-based violence.
· Sensitive and committed to working on issues of gender.
· Selected candidates will be part of the core team for VAWC.
· Program Coordinator will be Reporting to the Program Manager,
● Jan Sahas National Office, Delhi
● Frequent Travel to field locations for Operational areas.
● Commensurate with experience, and competitive based on nonprofit standards in India.
We encourage you to apply if you are interested in working with us in our journey to ensure dignity and equality for all.
How to Apply:
Interested applicant can submit their cover letter and CV in a single PDF document by addressing “why you believe you are the right fit for the role in no more than 300 words.” Please mention “Training Coordinator- Prevention of Violence Against Women” in the subject line.
For regular updates, join us: