The Sr Contracts Supervisor/ Lead-Contracts and Legal –HPS will be based in Pune, India and reports to the Regional General Counsel for PMT Indian Sub-Continent. She or he will serve as legal advisor to the respective businesses of Honeywell Process Solutions (HPS) Strategic Business Unit in Indian Sub-Continent (India, Bangladesh and Sri-Lanka) partnering with the business and functional teams to support growth, implement business plans and facilitate key strategic projects. Further responsibilities include the following:
• Serve as the first point of contact in HPS India for the Regional General Counsel, PMT (located at Gurgaon, India) and working with the other members of the HPS India leadership and functional teams, deliver legal services for respective HPS businesses in a timely and effective manner across the region.
• Analyze and advise on all legal and regulatory issues relating to commercial and contract law, intellectual property, leasing, licensing, corporate compliance, foreign investment, labor & employment, M&A, product liability, competition law, and risk/opportunity analysis of potential transactions.
• Manage litigation for and against HPS business in the region and direct dispute resolution efforts and strategies.
• Serve as Contracts Leader and manage the HPS contract review and management function in the region in alignment with the HPS contracts processes, baseline terms and practices. Identifies and mitigates risks connected with non-standard conditions and customer direct changes in proposed contractual documents; communicates concerns and issues clearly to the organization; Advises internal clients (sales/ business managers) concerning legal and contractual requirements.
•Draft, negotiate and manage legal documentation for a broad range of commercial transactions (including customer sale agreements, supply agreements, distribution agreements, sales representation agreements, software or IP licensing agreements, joint development agreements, pricing agreements, consignment agreements, non-disclosure agreements, etc.).
•Conduct extensive preventive law training on a wide variety of topics, including competition law compliance, contracting excellence, protection of intellectual property, US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, Prevention of Corruption Act and workplace issues and policies.
• Support in developing standardized processes and templates for the efficient delivery of legal services in the region.
• Indian Attorney. Company Secretarial (ACS/FCS) or international law qualification will be an added advantage.
• 8-10 plus years of relevant experience with major law firm and/or corporation as an attorney.
• Strong multinational business transactional experience, including business acquisitions, dispositions and joint ventures as well as commercial agreements. Transactions negotiation experience in Oil and Gas industry will be an added advantage.
• Experienced in conflict resolution at the pre- and post-litigation stages of dispute resolution.
• Strong intellectual capacity and high personal standards of excellence.
• Personal presence, communications skills and credibility necessary to effectively interact with and influence senior management.
• Integrity and good judgment are extremely important.
• Ability to set priorities for oneself.
• Ability to work independently and aggressively drive key initiatives at a distance from direct supervisor.
• Interest and ability to teach and to motivate business people in legal issues affecting business transactions.
• Demonstrable record of providing clients with advice that blends legal experience with an understanding of, and appreciation for, a client’s business objectives and different cultures and legal systems.
• Self-motivated, dedicated team player who will take a proactive approach in managing and seeking to continuously improve internal legal function.
• Willingness to travel ~ 20% of time.
Link to apply
For regular updates, join us: