When Revolut was founded in 2015, we had a vision to build a sustainable, digital alternative to traditional big banks. Our mission now is to help our customers improve their financial health, empower them to have more control, and promote financial cohesion across the communities in which we operate. Launching into 2020 with 10 million Personal customers and over a quarter of a million Business customers only reinforced our belief in the vast need across the world for better financial services. As our customer base has boomed in the last year, we’ve expanded our team to match that growth. We started 2019 with several hundred employees; we closed it out with 2000.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Head of Legal to advise on our India launch and operations and advise on a variety of legal and regulatory matters. This role will be based in Mumbai, and report to the General Counsel in Revolut’s London headquarters.
What you’ll be doing:
- Draft, review, negotiate and advise internal stakeholders and negotiate with external counterparts on a variety of commercial agreements, including third party agreements, operations agreements, services agreements, partnerships, and marketing agreements.
- Identify and consult on legal risks in connection with the development of new products.
- Liaise with specialist external counsel in relation to original new products, expansion into new market verticals and areas relating to compliance, privacy, or security.
- Develop and implement processes for efficient and streamlined operations surrounding contract negotiation and processes.
- Develop and maintain form agreements, contract management systems, and other databases.
- Serving as lead counsel on strategic deals, resolving issues that arise in existing commercial relationships, and handling pre-litigation legal disputes and inquiries.
- Drive all ongoing compliance review processes, including necessary filings, policies and procedures.
- Monitor changes to regulatory requirements and proactively handle regulatory developments.
- Provide time-sensitive support on a wide array of legal inquiries in connection with all aspects of your country’s operations.
- Identify and consult on legal risks in connection with the development of new products
What you’ll need:
- Strong client-service and customer orientation and strengths in forming good working relationships.
- High degree of independence, initiative and decisiveness.
- An enthusiasm and drive for delivering results.
- Strong analytical skills and an ability to demonstrate sound legal and business judgment, even in ambiguous situations.
- Ability to work independently and also contribute successfully to cross-functional teams.
- Excellent organizational skills, and an ability to manage multiple projects at once, to meet deadlines.
- Common sense, great judgment, and a good sense of humor.
- Strong experience in advising clients on commercial contract matters (past experience in: regulatory, IP, IT is a plus) across a broad range of areas including Financial Services, Technology and Corporates.
- Thrives working in a fast-paced, high pressure, entrepreneurial environment.
- Work hard but have a lot of fun doing it!
- Excellent academic and law firm credentials.
- Hold a current practicing certificate.
- 7-10 years experience in financial services either as an in-house counsel or as senior associate / partner in private practice advising on financial services.
- Excellent English skills (written and oral) are a must.
How to Apply?
Click on the link given: https://jobs.lever.co/revolut/836f0d61-2dde-4073-b39f-8ee4d61a8063