The Senior Legal Counsel, Alcon India is responsible for providing strategic and legal advice in (and for ensuring the legal sufficiency of) all matters that are relevant to business in India, such as, for illustration, contracts, intellectual property enforcement, litigation, and employee relations. In addition, he/she is responsible for establishing, promoting, and reinforcing compliance standards, aligned with local laws and regulations in close collaboration with the Country Compliance Officer of India.
This experienced leader, with support and direction from the Head Legal & Compliance India and South East Asia, also provides strategic legal and compliance guidance and training in key legal areas.
- Provide expert and strategic legal advice to Franchise /Functions
- Develop / revisit legal strategy for the business operation (Medical Devices, including captive medical equipment sales, B2B structure etc.) in compliance with FEMA, RBI, FDI regulations.
- Drafting, reviewing, negotiating and settling all necessary legal and transactional documents agreements and contracts. Preparing contracts, agreements as may be required by Franchises / Functions.
- Managing and navigating Contract Lifecycle Management and advice associates on e-platform available in this regard.
- Represent the Company and/or senior executives in legal proceedings and/or supervise such representation.
- Ensures adherence to the Alcon Outside Counsel Policy
- Liaise with and manage external attorneys
- Manage Legal budget and external law firms.
- Limit litigation risk exposure in all key areas, working closely with executives across Alcon, Regional, Country and Global units.
- Review and advice Franchise and Functions on legal implications of internal policies and procedures. Also guide on any new policies to be prepared in the interest of the organization, as and when required.
- Develop, create and maintain policies and processes for an overall legal, secretarial, compliance.
- Manage and oversee team of other in-house legal professionals.
- Define major legal risks for Alcon, develop risk mitigation plan and implement it.
- Work with Group Intellectual Property Department/Group Litigation Team to enforce and defend Alcon intellectual property rights.
- Taking a lead role in all governmental and/or similar audits and investigations, Corporate internal Audit, ensuring proper support.
- Manage Entire Corporate Secretarial Function.
- Advices on matters pertaining to Data Privacy, GDPR etc. (relevant to India)
- Support / lead, internal investigations, Domestic enquiry, POSH Matters etc.
- Travels as needed within the country to provide advice and training.
- Qualified lawyer in India; and
- Qualified Company Secretary
- > 10 years of PQE
- Preferably (> 3 years) experience in legal practice related to the pharmaceutical/Medical Device industry
- Minimum 2-5 years of relevant working experience as Company Secretary preferably in multinational companies or consulting firms
- Overall broad legal knowledge (corporate law, litigations, labor laws etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Persuasive negotiator and ability to influence internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Sound experience in litigation
Note: Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, or any other reason.