The Delhi Commission for Protection of Child Rights (DCPCR) has been constituted under the Commission for Protection of Child Rights (CPCR) Act, 2005. It is the statutory watchdog of the Government of Delhi on matters of child rights. Some of the child rights the Commission works are:
- 1-Protection of children from exploitation, abuse, labour, trafficking, and violence.
- 2-Protection of children from sexual offences;
- 3-Protection of children from child marriage;
- 4-Right to Education;
- 5-Right to Health with emphasis on pregnancy care, infant care, nutritional standards, immunisation, protection against malnutrition, etc;
- 6-Protection of rights of children with special needs;
- 7-Protection of children from substance abuse;
- 8-Enforcement of legal protections for children in case they commit offences and the necessary safeguards associated therein;
- 9-Right to play;
There are different divisions within the Commission for monitoring the implementation of these rights, reviewing safeguards, inquiring into violations and advise the government on policy formulation and amendments. Each of these divisions is mapped to corresponding departments of the government and is headed by a Member, a State Government Secretary level position. There are 6 Members who all report to the Chairperson.
- Junior Consultant: July 18th, 2021 by 11:59 PM
- Senior Consultant July 28th, 2021 by 11:59 PM
- Project Management Unit: July 28th, 2021 by 11:59 PM
How to Apply?
For regular updates, join us: