SABIC is a global diversified chemicals company, headquartered in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. SABIC manufactures on a global scale in the Americas, Europe, Middle East and Asia Pacific, making distinctly different kinds of products: chemicals, commodity and high-performance plastics, agri-nutrients and metal
SABIC supports its customers by identifying and developing opportunities in key end-use applications such as construction, medical devices, packaging, agri-nutrients, electrical and electronics, transportation and clean energy. Production in 2019 was 72.6 million metric tons.
SABIC has more than 33,000 employees worldwide and operates in around 50 countries. Fostering innovation and a spirit of ingenuity, SABIC has 12,540 global patent filings and has significant research resources with innovation hubs in five key geographies – USA, Europe, Middle East, South Asia and North Asia.
1) Primary responsibility for supporting Sr. Manager Compliance in building and maintaining a robust compliance and integrity culture and Compliance and Ethics (C&E) Program,
2) Conduct or assist Sr. Manager Compliance to timely conduct through investigation within APAC, in close collaboration with other functions including legal, IA, Finance, etc.
Org Unit Name: Compliance Asia
Location: India-Gurugram, India-Bangalore
- Global Compliance Programs -support the Senior Compliance Manager APAC in managing SABIC’s ethics and compliance program in APAC and globally.
- Region / Country Compliance Initiatives – deeply understand local compliance challenges and opportunities, and develop corresponding plans and initiatives to enhance compliance culture and the effectiveness of compliance programs at region or country level.
- Investigation – coordinating and leading compliance investigations, in close collaboration with the Senior Compliance Manager APAC, the global Legal-Compliance team and other functional team like HR.
- Analysis and Reporting – support the Senior Compliance Manager APAC on proper compliance case data management and will be requested to prepare internal reports on trends and analysis for APAC leadership or the global Compliance Function. When required, you will interact with external authorities.
- Training – Assist in the development and execution of training strategy in the APAC region; develop and provide in-person and remote trainings on compliance-related policies and subject matter
- Compliance Guidance – Provide counsel and advice to business partners regarding the Code of Ethics, and compliance-related matters including anti-corruption, conflict of interest, controllership, trade compliance, etc.
- Business Partnership – Partner with key stakeholders to better support awareness of the ethics and compliance program and gain leadership ownership and engagement in promoting an ethical culture at region and country level. Participate in business meetings and deliver presentations to managers and other partners about the ethics and compliance.
MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 5-7 years of experience in building and maintaining a compliance/ethics program as an in-house counsel with minimum 2 years investigation experience. Private practice in an international setting is preferred;
- Legal background, Indian lawyer bar required, preference for a master law degree;
- High level of integrity; strong compliance focus and knowledge of legal/ regulatory environment;
- Proficiency in the English language (which is the working language within SABIC) is a must; Knowledge of one or more other languages is a plus;
- Experience with compliance case data management tools, compliance investigations and compliance reporting is preferred;
- Strong verbal and writing communication and presentation skills;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Business oriented personality;
- A strong, yet flexible personality that is able to operate in a multi-cultural and multi-jurisdictional environment;
- A can-do, no-nonsense attitude with a pragmatic and common sense approach.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER (EOE) STATEMENT
SABIC is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and as such will not discriminate in its employment practices, including recruiting and hiring practices, based on a person’s race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
How to Apply?
For regular updates, join us: