About the company
Morgan Stanley mobilizes capital to help governments, corporations, institutions and individuals around the world achieve their financial goals. For over 85 years, the firm’s reputation for using innovative thinking to solve complex problems has been well earned and rarely matched. A consistent industry leader throughout decades of dramatic change in modern finance, Morgan Stanley will continue to break new ground in advising, serving and providing new opportunities for its clients.
Morgan Stanley is committed to maintaining the first-class service and high standard of excellence that have always defined the firm. At its foundation are five core values — putting clients first, doing the right thing, leading with exceptional ideas, committing to diversity and inclusion, and giving back — that guide its more than 60,000 employees in 1,200 offices across 42 countries.
: Non-Japan Asia-India-Maharashtra-Mumbai (MSA)
Division: Legal & Compliance (LCD)
Super Department: LCD COO Office
Sub Department: Administration
Job Level: Analyst/Associate
Job Title: Analyst/Associate
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Mumbai (Nirlon Knowledge Park)
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm’s employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career – a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
LCD comprises of Legal, Compliance, Global Financial Crimes and Regulatory Relations.
The Legal Department provides guidance, requirements and procedures for understanding and complying with the laws, regulations and Firm policies that apply to our businesses.
The Global Compliance Department identifies applicable Compliance Obligations and maintains a Firmwide Compliance Risk management program, including Compliance Risks that transcend business lines, legal entities and jurisdictions of operation.Global Financial Crimes is responsible for the development and governance of the Firm’s financial crime prevention efforts across all regions and business units. Global Financial Crimes is comprised of the Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Sanctions, Anti-boycott, Anti-Corruption (ACG) and Government and Political Activities Compliance (GPAC) programs.
The Global Regulatory Relations Group (GRRG) is responsible for strategic and centralized management of the supervisory activities of Morgan Stanley’s regulators and related developments globally, with a focus on regulatory reviews and examinations and continuous monitoring activities. GRRG serves as the central point of contact for the regulatory staff responsible for supervisory activities at Morgan Stanley entities and for timely reporting to Firm management and other governance or management bodies, as appropriate, on those relationships and supervisory processes, including areas of significant regulatory focus or concern.
LCD Center of Excellence – Mumbai (LCD CoE) is a part of Morgan Stanley’s Global In-house Center, which provides global support to LCD and is an integral part of Firm and LCD strategy.
LCD Operations is a centralized support function for Legal & Compliance division. This team supports risk teams of both ISG and WM across all functions within LCD. The core responsibilities of the team in Mumbai involves monitoring and ensuring timely closure of transfer and periodic entitlement reviews, manage Information Security assessments, preparation of COO & CFO financial reports and presentations, support administrative and operational activities for Outside Counsel, handling vendor rate & e-bill reviews, managing vendor onboarding process and resolving invoicing exceptions in collaboration with Accounts Payable, internal stakeholders & vendors.
Primary Responsibilities (Day Job)
• Vendor onboarding due diligence & real time maintenance of different databases
• Review and approve invoice expense line items as per standard policies and guidelines
• Resolving invoicing exceptions by understanding the breakdown and working on solutions
• Invoice/rates research & respond to standard queries
• Work with internal and external stakeholders on invoicing and payment issues
• Monitoring and maintenance of budget in the budgeting tool
• Use reporting tools such as business objects to perform data analysis
• Perform monthly and quarterly reporting
• Support various risk management control implementation efforts for law firms usage
• Ensure projects and programs are proceeding according to scope, schedule and quality standards
• Work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment, demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence
• Develop and deliver proposals, requirement documentations and presentations for system enhancement
• Participation in testing of newly developed functionalities and reporting against them in timely manner
• Identify and develop trusted advisory relationship with business stakeholders
• Act as an SME for outside counsel processes by training on allocated processes and act as back-up resource
• Escalate issues/troubleshoot as necessary to respective LCD contacts
• Make recommendations on process improvements
• Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
• 2+ years of experience in multiple functions (Preferably financial services related programs)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact with senior managers as well as subject matter experts
• Interpersonal skills to influence and spur change, facilitate and enhance performance within a cross – functional environment also with third party partners
• Demonstrate decisiveness in resolving business problems, making decisions and identifying priorities
• Proven track record for the following:
o Quick learner about new business and functional topics
o Need for minimal supervision
o Resourcefulness in terms of obtaining / sourcing information
o Ability to work within a team
o Attention to detail
o Positive personality
• Proficient in MS Office Suite. Advanced EXCEL, Data analytics skills MUST
• Successfully meet established deadline requirements – display efficient time management skills
• Possess the ability to research and resolve issues independently
• Must follow documented procedures however must also have an ability to propose a plan or approach where procedure is undefined or may need to be updated.
• Be a strong agent for change. Be able to facilitate new processes and standards that could impact working environment / culture
• Strong sense of ownership and accountability
• Ability to multi task
• Monday to Friday from 11.30AM to 8.30PM India time with flexibility on standard working hours for time sensitive matters (including India Public Holidays).
• Periodic evening calls with US and EMEA internal clients and vendor
How to Apply?
For regular updates, join us: