Agoda is an online travel booking platform for accommodations, flights, and more. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology that connects travelers with more than 2.5 million accommodations globally. Based in Asia and part of Booking Holdings, our 4,000+ employees representing 90+ nationalities foster a work environment rich in diversity, creativity, and collaboration. We innovate through a culture of experimentation and ownership, enhancing the ability for our customers to experience the world.
Get to Know about their Team:
In the age of technology, things are constantly changing. The travel market is much the same, being more dynamic and complex than ever. Agoda’s Legal team is well suited to take on the challenges presented, adopting a proactive mindset to tackle challenges and solve problems. We are quick on our feet, decisive, and collaborate with multiple departments. We hire out-of-the-box thinkers that are well grounded with ethics and legal knowledge to ensure that Agoda achieves the right results, the right way.
As a member of Agoda’s in-house legal department, you will be responsible for the strategy, leadership and management of Legal Operations. In this role you will have two direct reports (as of now) and you will report directly to Agoda’s Associate General Counsel. This role is key for ensuring that the Legal Operations works efficiently, proactively and effectively with other stakeholders, and allocates and deploys budget, time and technology impactfully. You will be an effective and accurate manager of the Legal budget and forecasting. You should demonstrate a mindset of continuous improvement and its implementation and, using of data and metrics, provide insight into operations. You will lead Legal Operations in successful and always-improving collaborative working with the rest of the Agoda Legal Department (based in Bangkok but with international coverage in other locations) to ensure and be part of the department’s and Agoda’s overall success.
This position is open to both local and international candidates with relocation support available for eligible candidates to help ensure a smooth transition to working and living in Bangkok. Given the COVID-19 landscape and travel restrictions, relocation date is flexible and a remote start may be possible.
This role is focused on legal operations & projects, and is not a counsel position.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- Support the General Counsel, Legal Leadership team and the Legal Department as a whole with strategic planning for the function: supporting by identifying, articulating and mapping strategic goals and objectives, aligning with different functions within the business, and tracking against them throughout the year, demonstrating ownership by holding the leadership team accountable for achieving them
- Support different processes insofar as they impact the Legal Operations;
- Help to raise the profile of the Legal Operations within Agoda and improve communication initiatives between the team and the wider Agoda business. This includes understanding how the Legal Operations can continue to align as closely as possible with the business, and partner seamlessly with others;
- Keep thorough, organized and accessible records relating to vendor management, budget/spend and travel and expenses;
- Remain aware of legal operations industry trends, and identify opportunities to improve processes, share best practices, develop playbooks, training and improve efficiency with the Legal Department;
- Proactively seek out opportunities to improve and enhance the legal/admin process, documentation and systems; and
- Support ad hoc requests for the Legal Department.
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- Experience in having worked in an in-house legal environment within a legal operations team;
- 5 – 8 years’ experience as a legal operations manager, or comparable legal administration and/or management;
- 3 years’ recognized people management experience;
- Ability to clearly, fluently and effectively speak and write in English;
- Experience utilizing data and metrics, as well as superior skills presenting them in different formats like graphs, tables, trends or PowerPoint;
- Ability to manage, coach and develop in a culturally diverse team;
- Excellent organizational skills, demonstrable ownership and accountability with the ability to delegate effectively and to manage projects in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to manage a budget and forecasting; and
- Desire to innovate and drive change: experiment and measure.
It’s Great if you have:
- Experience working in APAC and/or other highly diverse and multi-cultural environments;
- Superior organizational skills, extraordinary attention to detail, and a mindset that processes can always be improved;
- Experience of using tools to measure and analyze data; and
- A passion for legal operations (and enjoying working closely with a variety of legal professionals).
Link to apply
For regular updates, join us: