About Meta (Facebook)
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world.
Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology.
About the Job Opportunity
Meta (Facebook) is looking for a professional to join their human rights team in the job role of South Asia Lead, in Gurugram or Singapore office.
The position will require working closely with many stakeholders, including content policy, safety, legal, strategic response, public policy, and other teams.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Give swift and expert advice on implementing on their human rights policy and risk mitigations to a wide array of stakeholders, including working on developing global and local content issues
- Build persuasive and supportive relationships with cross-functional partners in Content Policy, Public Policy, Communications, Legal, and other teams
- Develop best practice national and regional rightsholder engagement and consultation strategies and network
- Define and iterate tactics and strategies for human rights risk management and mitigation
- Initiate and lead complex human rights due diligence initiatives, including product, country, and policy work
- Work with and represent Meta before a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders, including CSOs, other companies, human rights defenders, and regional or global human rights institutions
- BA or equivalent professional qualification in any field, including the study of human rights principles, standards, and institution
- 8+ years of work experience in India and globally on human rights or social justice, strategic response or risk management, or related programs
- Experience in framing complex policy or technical issues for decision-makers or coalition partners in real-time, developing rapid tactical responses in line with broader policy goals
- Excellent project management and coalition-building skills
- Fluency in Hindi and English or other major regional languages because this role will interact with external stakeholders from the South Asia region
- Advanced degree in human rights or related field, including but not limited to international law, social science, transitional justice, or cybersecurity
- Expert knowledge of global human rights standards, principles, and/or related areas of international law, their evolution, and their practical application. This knowledge can include business and human rights standards but is not limited to.
- Strong knowledge of challenges faced by human rights defenders, communities at risk of discrimination based on descent, ethnicity, or religion, women and girls, and/or other vulnerable groups nationally and regionally
- Experience working on issues related to human rights, social media, social inclusion, and/or tech, and
- Fluency in additional regional languages.
Gurgaon (now, Gurugram), India/Singapore
Link to apply
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on LexPeeps is true to our knowledge. But still it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.