About McKinsey & Company
McKinsey & Company is an American worldwide management consulting firm, founded in 1926 by University of Chicago professor James O. McKinsey. The company advises on strategic management to corporations, governments, and other organizations.
It is headquartered in New York, United States. McKinsey is one of the most well-recognized brands in the world.
About the Job Opportunity
McKinsey & Company is seeking to hire an experienced law professional for the job role of Senior Contracts Counsel, for its office in Gurugram/Bengaluru.
Number of Vacancies
- Handling the preparation, review, drafting, and negotiation of commercial contracts in APAC countries (including Vietnam/Thailand).
- Advising internal clients on legal issues related thereto, under the supervision and guidance of the managing counsel (Asia West) and other Legal department attorneys in APAC.
- In particular, you will draft, review, and negotiate specific types of contracts, including waiver letters and confidentiality agreements, with both public and private sector clients.
- Working with attorneys to develop the most efficient way for the senior contracts counsel to help process more complex forms of agreements, such as master consulting agreements and indemnity agreements.
- Reviewing and assisting teams with RFP (Request For Proposal) responses.
- Creating, updating, and distributing standard contracts and related documentation in accordance with departmental policies and procedures; helping monitor and track contract flow volume.
- Managing a database of contractual arrangements. You will design, manage, and maintain a system to track whether contracts have been executed, including a reminder system for any required follow-up.
- Providing McKinsey’s consultants with appropriate forms of agreement on a variety of engagement-related legal issues. You will advise the consultants on legal issues related to commercial contracts in APAC (including India).
- Working with attorneys and paralegals on projects in support of firm initiatives. You will provide backup to contract counsels/paralegals on contracts-related and other responsibilities.
Qualification: Advanced legal degree (JD, LLM or equivalent from a good law school) or bar admission in India and/or an English-speaking jurisdiction
- 7+ years in drafting, reviewing, and negotiating commercial contracts in a sophisticated environment
- Experience in a leading law firm/multinational environment
- Experience with RFP review and responseAbility to work in an international environment throughout several jurisdictions in Asia
- Computer skills extremely valuable (including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including clear and effective communication skillsAbility to work well under pressure and multi-task
- Excellent speaking, writing and negotiating skills in English
Competencies and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to draft, revise, and negotiate commercial contracts such as service agreements, confidentiality agreements, master consulting agreements, SoW’s, independent consultant agreements, and indemnity agreements
- Ability to handle high volume of work, recognize priorities, and manage time effectively
- Ability to function independently, with moderate supervision, and awareness of when to involve a department attorney
How to Apply?
Click on the link given at the end of this post to apply for the job opportunity at McKinsey & Company.
Gurugram or Bengaluru
Click here for the official information.
Link to apply
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on LexPeeps is true to our knowledge. But still it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.