They are looking for a qualified Legal Counsel with over 10-12 years’ experience in MNCs to oversee the legal aspects of our business. The candidate will safeguard our reputation by guaranteeing that the company strictly follows laws and regulations and also abides by Medtronic policies and extends legal advice to management about all relevant issues.
The successful candidate will effectively ensure legal conformity and minimize probability of exposure.
What you will be doing
- Advising various business verticals and functions on legal issues
- Interpretation of laws and regulations and advising on their applicability
- Strategizing and formulating litigation strategy in line with commercial objectives of the Company
- Handle court cases independently, as and when required
- Draft and vetting court pleadings, legal notices, responses to legal notices etc. and briefing outside counsels and law firms
- Managing outside counsels to derive the optimum synergies
- Collaborate with management to devise efficient proactive strategies
- Specify internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance
- Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advise on potential legal issues
- Communicate and negotiate with external parties (customers, regulators, external counsels, public authority etc.), creating relations of trust
- Draft, negotiate and manage the agreements, contracts, MoUs, LoIs, and other legaldocuments to ensure and protect the company’s legal rights
- Responsible for managing Passport – an inhouse litigation system
- Review and recommend revisions to templates periodically, to reflect new requirements
- Deal with complex matters with multiple stakeholders and forces
- Provide clarification on legal language or specifications to everyone in the organization
- Assisting with training and preparation of policies and procedure
- Maintain current knowledge or amendments in legislation
- LLB or Masters and having 10-12 years’ of PQE, largely as an inhouse counsel. Preference will be extended to additional qualification like Company Secretaryship or domain knowledge in data privacy and/ or financing/leasing arrangements.
- Proven experience as a legal counsel in business environment
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of contract law, civil and criminal laws, corporate law and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to create legal strategies
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Sound judgement and ability to analyse situations and information
- Excellent communication and team skills
Link to apply
For regular updates, join us: