ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
We work at the intersection of finance and law, providing counsel and advice that support activities across the firm. We handle litigation and arbitration, perform research and due diligence, aid in financing and legal filings, deal with contracts and intellectual property rights that show our commitment to clients, shareholders, and regulators. Whether you’re an experienced attorney or a quick learner with a strong interest in financial law coupled with critical thinking skills, our dynamic group might be right for you.
The role will be based in Mumbai and you will be covering the Goldman Sachs Asset Management.
The AMD Private is the primary center for Goldman Sachs’ long-term principal investment activity (both credit and equity) investing in a broad spectrum of assets, including real estate, healthcare and renewable energy. The team works closely with the business professionals and other Federation groups supporting the AMD private business. We advise the business on all regulatory, legal, compliance-related and reputational risks on a broad range of investments (private equity, PIPE, equity-linked, debt, real estate and others) in India.
We are looking for someone who is interested in joining a strong team of lawyers supporting a dynamic business. You will have the opportunity to work with one of the top private equity / investing businesses and play a significant role in supporting the business. You will work closely with the business on identifying legal and regulatory issues, reviewing investment documentation and navigating through the various risks. This role will allow you to learn and grow in a stimulating environment, and enable you to work with like-minded professionals in the Firm, who strive to deliver the highest quality of service consistent with the Firm’s standards. You will have a high level of interaction with the business professionals throughout the entire investment cycle, from structuring and execution, to portfolio management and harvesting. You will have the opportunity to develop and shine as part of a team supporting a business focused on exciting and interesting investment opportunities.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Provide legal advice to the investment arm of Goldman Sachs Asset Management (formerly, ASSG and MBD) on fund and principal investment transactions and documentation
- Provide assistance on negotiations on documentation relating to all aspects of our investments, including equity and debt term sheets, letters of Intent, loan agreements and sale and purchase agreements.
- Advising on regulatory matters impacting our investments (including global and local regulations, such as the Bank Holding Company Act and the Volcker Rules)
- Working with compliance and other control-side teams on regulatory matters and investigations.
- Liaise with the regional and global legal teams on all matters impacting the investment and fund business
- Assist in the preparation of submission materials to, and presentation at, the internal regional and global committees.
The role requires the ability to work independently and to manage a diverse and complex workload meeting tight deadlines. Lawyers in our team work closely with a diverse group of clients and thrive on the pressures of delivering consistently high quality advice to a dynamic, and constantly evolving, business.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- India qualified lawyer with 6-9 years PQE
- Relevant post-qualification experience either with a reputable law firm or as in-house counsel
- Strong grounding in credit deal related documentation and legal matters, applicable laws and regulations.
- Team player with exceptional communication skills
- Preferred Qualifications
- Highly organized, attention to detail and excellent follow – through
- Demonstrated client service focus and ability to build relationships across different levels, functions and regions
- Ability to balance multiple, time-sensitive projects while maintaining a longer term strategic focus
Link to Apply
For regular updates, join us: