About the Company:
Oracle is one of the world’s leading information technology companies as a provider of database and application software, cloud solutions, engineered systems and services. Oracle’s technology can be found in nearly every industry, and in the data centers of 98 of the Fortune 100 companies. Oracle is the first software company to develop and deploy 100 percent internet-enabled enterprise software across its entire product line: database, business applications, and application development and decision support tools.
About the Team:
We are awesome people that are passionate about our craft and what we deliver! In the APAC and Japan Legal Department, our attorneys have instinctively good judgment and outstanding integrity. To be successful in this role, you should have the ability to multi task and work independently!
About the Role:
Responsible for Corporate Legal operations of Oracle Financial Services Software Ltd, a publicly listed company, providing a full range of in-house legal services with emphasis on support to Sales and other line of business units as well as compliance with Oracle’s policies, procedures, and applicable law.
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Regular Employee Hire
- Strategic adviser to Board of Directors of Oracle and the OFSS Audit Committee on legal developments and risk management
- Develop efficiencies both internally and with business customers
- Coordinate legal support services with global legal members
- Provide monthly and routine reports to the APAC Legal SVP
- Personal development, particularly leadership and operational excellence
- Train Oracle’s business employees for standard methodologies and operational governance
- Achieve OFSS internal client satisfaction
- Outstanding leader in corporate environment and team manager
- Do you have a high level of legal drafting and negotiation skills?
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and effective presentation skills
- Solutions oriented approach to commercial and legal issues
- Ability to perform and meet multiple deadlines, adapt to constantly evolving requirements, and an understanding of our business requirements and policies
- Creative thinking and problem solving
- Professional qualifications to practice law in India
- 10+ years of experience as a legal practitioner, including as an inspirational manager of people and in running a small legal team.
- Proficiency in English, along with strong writing skills.
- Experience with commercial negotiations, Financial Services sector business dealings and IT contracting, including software systems implementation contracts
Oracle is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against anyone because of his or her race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, medical condition, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
For detailed description of job please visit: https://oracle.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=200013N2&tz=GMT%2B05%3A30&tzname=Asia%2FCalcutta