About the Competition:
UPES School of Law is proud to announce its third edition of “Surana & Surana AND UPES School of Law National Insolvency Law Moot Court Competition, 2021” in association with its esteemed joint organizer Surana & Surana International Attorneys, Chennai which is scheduled from January 29th, 2021, to January 31th, 2021.
Surana & Surana and UPES School of Law National Insolvency Law Moot Court Competition has been conceived with the aim of creating opportunities and platform for discussion of developing jurisprudence on emerging trends in Insolvency Law besides developing cutting-edge skills in research, writing, and advocacy.
Universities pan India, wherein participants exhibited excellent standards of mooting and professionalism. Building on it its success from the previous edition, we aim to get better and bigger this year.
Note: In the light of the pandemic, the 3rd edition of MOOT COURT COMPETITION, 2020-21 will be held virtually this year, but that isn’t going to stop us from making it a memorable one. The platform for the competition is via virtual conference.
- The Moot Court competition is open for students who are pursuing LLB three year / five- year course during the current academic year.
- Each team should consist of 3 members. This number cannot be modified under any circumstances.
- There shall be 2 speakers and 1 researcher designated for each team. The researcher shall be allowed to argue with prior permission of the court and National Administrator in case of illness of the designated speakers.
- Teams should not disclose the identity of their institution; such disclosure shall invite penalties including disqualification. The decision for the same shall be at the discretion of the National Administrator.
- Email Id: email@example.com
- Online registrations are open from 11th December 2020. The last date for registration is 30th December 2020 at www.moot.in
- For the purpose of having an efficient competition, there is a capping of only 20 teams on first-come-first serve basis who shall participate in this competition.
- There is No Registration fee for the competition.
- The registered participants will receive a team code, within 2 days from the last date of registration, which will function as their identity for submission of the memorials.
|Commencement of Online Registration||December 11, 2020|
|Last date for Online Registration||December 30, 2020|
|Last date for seeking clarifications of Problem||January 05, 2021|
|Last Date for Submission of Memorials||January 18, 2021|
|Inauguration, orientation and Researchers Test||January 29, 2021|
|Oral Rounds – Preliminary (2 rounds) and Quarterfinals||January 30, 2021|
|Oral Rounds – Semi-finals and Finals||January 31, 2021|
|Valediction & Prize distribution||January 31, 2021|
For any kind of information contact relating to Competition: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mr. Ayush Yadav, Student Convenor, MCA
Phone Number: 9411268379
Mr. Parth Singhal, Student Convener, MCA
Phone Number: 8267879223
For online registration visit www.moot.in:
Mr. Preetam Surana
Advocate & Head – Academic Initiatives
Head (Admin), Litigation & Arbitration Practice
Surana & Surana International Attorneys
Phone Number: 044-2812 0000