About Urban Company:
Home services is a large, unorganized industry in India. Indian consumers spend ~ USD 30 Billion annually on home services. They largely rely on word of mouth and friends-family recommendations for search and discovery. There is no large, well run, billion-dollar Company in this category today. The industry lacks scale benefits – standardization, transparency and trust.
In the absence of organized players, the current market architecture is froth with middle-men and aggregators, who control market access and keep a lion’s share of the margins. As a result, experiences are broken for both customers and end service professionals. The industry could easily be 1.5-2x larger than it is today, if frictions in transaction journeys are removed – and experiences made more meaningful and memorable.
What are you expected to do?
- Compliance and Corporate Governance – Manage and own compliances (ongoing business and Board level), policy drafting and implementation, resolution of issues from internal or external stakeholders including regulators
- Dispute and litigation management – strategize and co-ordinate with the external counsel on any disputes (including pre-litigation and ADR), undertake organization wide legal projects and manage it towards implementation and track ongoing adherence
- Advisory & Contracting – Provide legal support on a range of corporate and commercial questions for specific verticals and categories, such as marketing, telecommunications and trust & safety among others
- Cross functional risks – Assess and advise across practice areas such as FDI, competition, consumer and operational risks with respect the operation and expansion of the home and beauty categories in India and overseas
- K&I – create and manage wide projects, knowledge repository and compliances of the company
What are we looking for?
- Qualified lawyer with 5-7 years of post-qualification experience
- Prior experience with growth phase in-house teams and law firms
- Prior experience with identifying and managing compliances from inception to closure
- Relevant experience in: General corporate and commercial laws, Mergers and acquisitions, Investments, Dispute resolution, Compliance, Employment and labour laws (preferred, but not mandatory)
- Prior experience with international law firms would be an added bonus
- Prior experience with a listed company would be an added bonus
- Ability to run mandates autonomously and with minimum supervision
- Ability to strategise and assess potential risk
- Ability to coordinate with different business teams, senior management, and external counsel on multiple mandates
- Adaptive to changing needs of business and that of the legal landscape
- Be a great team player – your legal advice and solutions will be based on a deep understanding of your internal client’s needs
- Always be aware of the essential corporate function that the legal team undertakes
- Be decisive – a fast growing business needs people who can take decisions quickly
- Excellent communication and drafting skills
- Attention to detail
Link to Apply
For regular updates, join us: