Freshworks makes it fast and easy for businesses to delight their customers and employees. We do this by taking a fresh approach to building and delivering software that is affordable, quick to implement, and designed for the end-user. More than 50,000 companies — from startups to public companies — around the world use Freshworks software-as-a-service to enable a better customer experience (CRM) and employee experience (ITSM, HRSM).
Headquartered in San Mateo, California, Freshworks has a dedicated team operating from 13 global locations to serve customers, including American Express, Sony, Vice Media, TaylorMade, Sotheby’s, Stitchfix, OfficeMax, Multichoice, Delivery Hero, ITV, and Klarna.
Freshworks transforms the way world-class organizations collaborate with customers and co-workers. The suite includes Freshdesk (omnichannel customer support), Freshsales (sales automation), Freshmarketer (marketing automation), Freshservice (IT service desk), Freshteam (HR management system).
Freshworks is seeking a highly motivated and enterprising counsel to join the Freshworks Legal Team. You will advise and support internal business teams on legal issues and risks related to direct transactional and commercial matters. You will mentor juniors in the team to make them adapt and make them more efficient in the work they do, while also being mentored by senior counsels. Draft, review, and negotiate a variety of commercial agreements, including SaaS agreements, customer agreements, data processing agreements, professional services agreements, intellectual property licenses, and statements of work.
- Draft, review, and negotiate a variety of commercial agreements, including SaaS agreements, customer agreements, data processing agreements, professional services agreements, intellectual property licenses, and statements of work.
- Work closely with Sales, Finance, Deals Desk, and Professional Services Teams to gather information and approvals necessary for contract-related matters.
- Negotiate data processing agreements (DPAs), business associate agreements (BAAs), and other similar agreements directly with customers, partners, and vendors to support compliance obligations.
- Continuously improve and maintain product release checklists, playbooks, and legal processes to help scale globally.
- Assist with standardization of documentation and agreements across multiple jurisdictions.
- Remain current on applicable laws and regulations surrounding IP, Open Source, privacy, and security.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in law with demonstrated excellent academic performance.
- 6-9 years of experience as a transactional attorney in a reputable business law firm, or in-house experience with the legal department preferably in a multi-national company.
- Strong knowledge of basic principles of contract drafting, review, and negotiation with an ability to provide practical and well-reasoned solutions.
- Solid knowledge of business processes relating to commercial, contract, intellectual property, and data privacy law;
- Strong work ethic and sense of professionalism and discretion, demonstrating accountability, integrity, good judgment, and respect for confidentiality;
- Be able to operate autonomously while being a team player who works collaboratively with internal and external clients; and
- Strong communication skills and fluency in English (both written and oral).
- Good interpersonal and stakeholder management skills.
- Must be fluent in MS office and comfortable with new technology.
- Responsive and follows through on commitments.
- Good to have: Experience working with remote/ global teams
Link to Apply
For regular updates, join us: