About the company – NEELA FILMS PRODUCTIONS PVT. LTD.
Neela Film Productions Pvt Ltd is a renowned creative production house based in Mumbai, India. Neela Film Productions Pvt Ltd incepted in the year 1998 is founded & managed by Asit Kumarr Modi. Under his leadership & guidance, it has produced number of fiction & non-fiction shows for various channels with the aim of providing wholesome entertainment to the audiences. Its vision is to create shows that provide family entertainment along with social significance by permanently creating a place in the hearts of the audiences.
In an era of daily soaps ruling the TV industry, Neela Film Productions (then Neela Tele Films Pvt Ltd) led to the creation of a new genre of happiness & humour through innovative, family oriented stories, along with socially relevant moral messages.
Making a strong start with hit shows like Hum Sab Ek Hain, Krishnaben Khakhrawala and Yeh Duniya Hai Rangeen on Sony TV, Saarthi and Pyaar Mein Twist on Star Plus, Hamaari Saas Leela on Colors, Meri Biwi Wonderful (adaptation of the internationally popular comedy serial ‘ Bewitched ‘), Sab Khelo Sab Jeetto (family game show) and Wah Wah Kya Baat Hai (humorous poetry show) on SAB TV, the company has risen to unprecedented heights, with their flagship show “Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah” on SAB TV completing more than 3000 episodes over 12 years & running, making it the longest running daily family comedy show in the world.
Neela Film Productions is dedicated to creating progressive & thoughtful quality entertainment for family audiences. With the popularity of its shows, there has been a steady rise in traffic on its online assets.
About the role –
In this position, working from Mumbai, you will be reporting to the Business Head. This role will closely collaborate with several internal teams such as Intellectual Property and Litigation to help our Content team tell great stories.
Your legal expertise and Media & Entertainment industry experience enables you to work across any situation that may be encountered related to handling content related contracts. You have an expert eye for detail. You are an ace at handling data trackers and are passionate about the media and entertainment industry and are excited to learn more about the business from a non-traditional perspective.
· 3+ years of working experience as an in-house lawyer in the Indian media and entertainment industry or as a lawyer in a law firm specializing in the area of media and entertainment.
· Meticulous understanding of Media & Entertainment laws, Intellectual Property laws, Civil and Criminal laws, Information Technology laws and Constitutional law.
· Strong experience of handling pre-litigation and litigation work related to content creation, production and distribution in India.
· Good knowledge of filmed entertainment.
· Experience managing a heavy workflow independently.
· Outstanding communication skills and excels at creative and innovative thinking.
· Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably on multiple mandates under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment interacting & collaborating with cross-functional internal and external stakeholders.
· Highly collaborative and responds positively to pressure, change and new ideas.
· Curious and eager to tackle matters outside the areas of expertise.
· Manage workflow for content related legal matters.
· Collaborate with several internal stakeholders and rapidly respond to all content grievances received.
· Manage and collaborate with external legal counsels as and when required.
· Handle interactions with any legal, regulatory and quasi-judicial authorities relating to content law.
Link to Apply
For regular updates, join us: