Context of the Role
TerraPay is a licensed digital payments infrastructure and solutions provider, paving the global payments highway. The company’s robust foundation and innovative platform technology serve as the digital interoperability engine enabling customers and businesses globally to send and receive payments on a secure, transparent, efficient, and real-time basis. The agile network supports diverse payment instruments and types of payments while adhering to complex regulations and compliance standards in different markets.
We are a high growth company, and work on some of the most novel legal, commercial, and regulatory puzzles. We seek an Attorney experienced in the Debt and Capital markets (payments experience is a bonus) to join our Legal team, based out in India.
You will need to be a self-motivated and confident team player, ready to take on projects and challenges. Working directly with Head- Legal, this position requires you to demonstrate a high level of professionalism, both with senior executives and internal management and colleagues as well as external partners.
We offer you an edge to work with a fast growing and versatile global payments leader, in making your mark and creating impact. Be a part of the rich and diverse pool of thought leaders at TerraPay.
- Support in all finance, banking, M&A and investment legal work for the company.
- Be responsible for reviewing, drafting and negotiating loan facilities, M&A and investment transactions. The role will offer and require flexibility in dealing with a variety of other types of transactions.
- Counsel business teams on a range of issues including payments and financial regulatory frameworks and market expansion.
- Actively collaborate with a wide variety of teams at TerraPay, including products, partnerships, compliance, and marketing, on a range of issues related to regulatory compliance, product development and commercialization.
- Implementing the legal processes required to effect the corporate procedures.
- Work with all department heads to implement a cohesive legal/commercial strategy
- Help build scalable and effective processes for legal review and launch of products in new markets.
- Manage outside counsel across multiple jurisdictions to ensure timely and knowledgeable support of critical matters.
- Stay up-to-date with the support of TerraPay’s legal subject matter experts on international laws and regulations dealing with financial services and marketing.
- Participate as a proactive business partner to senior managers and build a trusted advisor relationship.
- Collecting information and evidence for management decision making.
- Any other assigned duties.
- A law degree- LLB/LLM
- A minimum of 8-10 years of relevant experience in either a law firm and/or in-house legal team, preferably working on the debt and capital market and M&A deals. Experience in regulatory matters in the fintech space is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills – experience to effectively collaborate with various groups and interact with senior stakeholders over email and the telephone.
- Attention to detail
- Experience in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills
- Ability to think independently, challenge status quo, form opinions and make informed decisions
- Ability to anticipate ahead of time and escalate issues as appropriate
- Pragmatic and analytical problem solving skills – the candidate needs to consistently apply sound judgment
- Must be able to maintain a high level of organization skills under pressure
- Successfully meet established deadline requirements – display efficient time management skills
For regular updates, join us: