Post – IPR Associate
The primary duties and responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Intellectual Property (IP) Practice
- Administrative support in managing JPMorgan Chase’s intellectual property portfolio
- Assist IP attorneys with the preparation, review, modification and maintenance of domestic (US) and foreign trademark applications and registrations
- Maintain the internal patent, trademark and general IP -portfolio management system
- Schedule IP team meetings and invention disclosure calls with inventors
- Docket and manage email communications from law firms, vendors, clients and/or internal stake holders
- Handling of formal documents, recording of data and handling of tasks and workflows in our IP portfolio management system
- Actively assist and support attorney with IP litigation matters
- Interface with outside patent and trademark counsel on various IP matters
- Assist IP counsel in preparing responses to third-party content clearance requests
- General Corporate Practice
- Support and assist attorneys on a variety of substantive and administrative matters
- Provide project management assistance on various Legal Department initiatives
- Manage approval and signature processes for execution of legal documents
- Organize, track and file documents using electronic tools/databases
- Other duties as assigned Position
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.Com. or similar from a reputed university)-candidates having a law degree from a reputed university are preferred and may have the opportunity to expand into a legal role over time.
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience within a law firm or in a corporate legal department, and/or experience with intellectual property law, required.
- Role will be based in Mumbai and should be open to travel to other locations in India.
- Excellent English writing and oral communication skills, computer savvy and proficiency with Microsoft Office software, Adobe Acrobat etc.
- Experience with IP portfolio management and/or docketing systems strongly preferred
- Demonstrated abilities to work both independently and as part of a team, and to interact ethically and professionally with executives, attorneys, customers, vendors, and other business associates.
- Ability to multi-task and efficiently prioritize and manage workflow to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
Ho to apply?
For regular updates, join us: