Wipro is seeking a self-motivated, team player (but capable of working independently) for its growing business. As a counsel in the Legal and Compliance team of Wipro, the candidate will be expected to draft, review and negotiate global contracts in support of the company’s corporate departments and business units. The position requires regular communications with key business stakeholders, sharp business acumen, excellent contract drafting skills and the ability to negotiate effectively with opposing counsel, while successfully protecting the interests of the company. The attorney will be part of a dynamic, collegial and growing practice group within the corporate legal department.
Desired Work Experience:
- Experience in drafting, reviewing and negotiating software license agreements, IT services contracts (e.g., Cloud and hosting agreements), IT infrastructure contracts, IP licenses, online advertisement/marketing agreements, ISDA contracts, construction contracts, property related documents, treasury contracts, structured finance documents, hardware purchase and leasing agreements, staffing contracts, IT development agreements, collaboration agreements, non-disclosure agreements, bank guarantees etc.
- Understanding of software license compliance issues, including open source software and related copyright issues will be preferred
- Knowledge of legal and compliance issues, such as data protection issues, relating to cross-border transactions
- Exposure to contract disputes, including dispute resolution and/or litigation (preferred)
Roles & Responsibilities:
- The candidate needs to be confident, dynamic and have a pro-active disposition.
- Flexibility to work and support business operating in different time zones.
- Strong business and organizational skills are required and the ability to multi-task with various stakeholders including, operations, delivery and finance teams on various aspects of contracting.
- Should possess effective drafting and communication skills. Knowledge of foreign languages would be an asset.
- Needs to have the ability to effectively work with internal clients/external customers and foreign law firms.
- Should have excellent analytical, and interpersonal skills with professionalism to motivate and supervise others.
- Should possess strong business acumen, ethics and high integrity.
The ideal candidate will be a qualified lawyer with 7-12 years of experience in commercial contracts, handling disputes and litigation, in-house or in private practice, preferably within the IT industry.
The Corporate Counsel will be part of the Corporate Legal team and be expected to deal with a wide scope of legal and contractual responsibilities.
Will be located in our Bangalore office. Will require travel within and outside of India on a need basis.
“Wipro is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and makes all employment and employment-related decisions without regard to a person’s race, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable law”
- Information Technology & Services
- Computer Software
- Financial Services
How to Apply?
For regular updates, join us: