About the job
About the company
UnitedLex is a data and professional services company delivering outcomes that create value for high-performing law firms and corporate legal departments in the areas of digital litigation, intellectual property, contracts, compliance, and legal operations.UnitedLex was founded in 2006 with a mission to push the boundaries of legal innovation. Today, we work closely with legal and business leaders to embrace a transformational, data-centric approach that empowers organizations to grow and build competitive advantage.Our positive societal impact centers around reducing friction from commerce through the mastery of data.Our diverse, global teams are passionate about delivering integrated, data-centric solutions through leading-edge technology and design, and corporate and digital pursuits.
Associate – Trademark Paralegal
Intellectual Property – Managed Services
Purpose of Job
This is a paralegal role with UnitedLex supporting exclusively the Haleon Intellectual Property (IP) team. The Trademark Paralegal role is about assisting the IP Transaction Lawyer and Brand Rights team with various aspects of intellectual property transactional work. This involves managing and organizing legal documents, conducting research, auditing IP records, organizing and managing intellectual property records in Anaqua, and assisting with the preparation of IP-related agreements and documents. This role focuses on Haleon brand rights, trademarks, copyrights, domain names, and related rights, and requires working globally with multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural functions, teams and stakeholders.
Qualifications And Skills
- Familiarity with intellectual property and contract law.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a paralegal or legal assistant with a focus on intellectual property law (Trademarks).
- Familiarity with electronic filing with the national patent office’s such as the UK IPO, US PTO, WIPO and others
- Knowledge of electronic document management systems such as Anaqua
- Knowledge of screening platforms such as corsearch and well experienced in running screens
- Excellent electronic legal research skills and advanced Microsoft Suite and computer skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and intercultural skills
- Exceptional attention to detail is crucial.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality with sensitive information.
- Strong organizational skills to manage and maintain complex document systems and databases.
- Ability to effectively work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, competing timelines, and to work under the supervision of multiple lawyers and with various paralegals.
- Creative, enthusiastic and able to take initiatives.
- Interest in continuous learning and self-development
- Go Beyond – Proven record of collaborative, creative and growth mindset.
- Do What Matters Most – Ability to understand departmental and business strategies and prioritize projects in accordance with departmental and business needs.
- Keep It Human – Customer centric, caring and inclusive mindset.
- Assist the IP Transaction Lawyer and Brand Rights Team in the IP due diligence for transactions, including review IP assets, and agreements.
- Generate reports on IP related rights, agreements, conflicts, searches in Anaqua.
- Generate reports from commercial databases or publicly available databases.
- Conduct research on use of IP assets and competitors’ presence and rights
- Analyse data to identify risks and gaps.
- Assist in addressing gaps identified in the due diligence.
- Assist in reviewing and drafting IP-related agreements, including licenses, assignments, and various transactional agreements/documents.
- Maintain and organize IP-related documents in Haleon systems and in Anaqua.
- Maintain and update Haleon data management systems as needed.
- Communicate with clients, attorneys, and external parties to coordinate and gather necessary information for IP transactions.
- Assist with trademark offices transactional activities, including filing trademark assignments, confirmatory assignments, changes of ownership etc.
Handle administrative tasks related to IP transactions, such as time, deadline and task tracking.
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on Lexpeeps is true to our knowledge. But still, it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.
For regular updates on more opportunities, we can catch up at-