About the Organization
Tata Steel group is among the top global steel companies with an annual crude steel capacity of 34 million tonnes annually. It is one of the world’s most geographically-diversified steel producers, with operations and commercial presence across the world. The group (excluding SEA operations) recorded a consolidated US $19.7 billion turnover in the financial year ending March 31, 2020.
Junior Legal Counsel
- To handle litigation arising out of GST, service tax and excise cases at the level of adjudicating authority and appellate authority (Commissioner (Appeal)).
- To do a legal analysis of the statutory provisions, notifications and circulars pertaining to excise, service tax and customs.
- Support Chief Legal Counsel-Indirect Taxation in administrative functions like preparation of MIS etc
- The candidate should be well versed with statutes pertaining to GST, Central Excise and service tax and the rules issued thereunder regarding cenvat credit, valuation, filings of appeals, tariff etc.
- Good knowledge of the Constitution and laws related to civil and criminal procedures, evidence, IP, contract etc
- Should be able to effectively brief the Advocates.
- Must have good analytical and drafting skills.
- The candidate should have good inter-personal & communication skills and should be able to mentor the sub-ordinate colleagues
- The person should be self-motivated with a high desire to get the result.
- Should be computer savvy (word, excel, PPT).
LLB (5 years course) or LLB (3 years course) + B. Com. (Hons.).
To apply, click HERE
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on Lexpeeps is true to our knowledge. But still, it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.
For regular updates on more opportunities, we can catch up at-