About the Organization
PhonePe is India’s leading digital payments platform with over 280 million registered users. Using PhonePe, users can send and receive money, recharge mobile, DTH, data cards, pay at stores, make utility payments, buy gold, and make investments. PhonePe went live for customers in August 2016 and was the first non-banking UPI app and offered money transfers to individuals and merchants, recharges and bill payments to begin with.
Manager – Dispute Resolution & IPR
Role & Responsibilities
- To set up a strong, proactive, and effective litigation prevention and resolution function with customer interest at the centre.
- To establish a strong IPR practice – trademark /copyright registration, monitoring, and protection.
- Develop a PAN India legal reach program to resolve consumer, civil and criminal cases effectively.
- Merchant / Partner – recoveries /claim management as per contracts (Drafting Notices/Replies to third parties)
- Legal support in case of detention/police custody/ filing FIR/others of employees on the ground (feet on the street across the country) – the ability to advise on legal strategy and action for on-ground support for timely legal resolution.
- Develop a training program and preventive strategy to resolve disputes before they become an FIR, police complaint, or litigation/case.
- Empanelment of the right set of law firms with PAN India presence for litigation, notice, and complaint handling.
- Application for Trade-Mark, Copyright, filing oppositions, monitoring and assessment program of Company IPR. Executing infringement action directly or through law firms, attending to all court matters directly or through law firms. Coordination and briefing/discussion with external lawyers or legal firms, reviewing submissions, petitions, replies, and documents prepared by lawyers. Negotiate law firm contract terms, including TATs, reporting updates, etc.
- Creation and maintaining a Litigation tracker with Mgmt. dashboard and reporting for one view of litigation risk map across the organization.
- Support the HR department in handling employee-related disputes/claims.
- Provide expert & strategic legal advice on various aspects of the business to management with litigation prevention, effective resolution, and customer centricity at the core.
- Evaluate and weigh multiple inputs and impacts of any decision or course of action, ability to anticipate issues and estimate risks strategically, and identify proactive solutions that will eliminate or mitigate litigation risk.
Ideal Candidate (preferably from Bangalore)
- Minimum qualification: LL.B / LLM
- Minimum 7-10 years post-qualification experience with the right mix of self or firm /court practice and as in-house legal counsel in the financial services sector, payments industry (right exposure in civil, Arbitration (domestic & International), criminal areas and IPR infringement matters.
- Have strong written communication and oratory skills. Good in drafting legal documents and interpreting of statutes.
Expectations other than qualification & technical experience
- Committed and ready to work under constraints/ pressure.
- Ready to travel with urgency and approach to address legal issues.
- Ability to develop legal strategy and objectives, excellent knowledge and understanding of civil, criminal, and corporate law & procedures
- Demonstrated ability to create legal defensive or proactive strategies
- Well-versed in how businesses operate with financial acumen
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity, Excellent judgment and analytical skills, good interpersonal skills
PhonePe Full Time Employee Benefits (Not applicable for Intern or Contract Roles)
- Insurance Benefits – Medical Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Accidental Insurance, Life Insurance
- Wellness Program – Employee Assistance Program, Onsite Medical Center, Emergency Support System
- Parental Support – Maternity Benefit, Paternity Benefit Program, Adoption Assistance Program, Day-care Support Program
- Mobility Benefits – Relocation benefits, Transfer Support Policy, Travel Policy
- Retirement Benefits – Employee PF Contribution, Flexible PF Contribution, Gratuity, NPS, Leave Encashment
- Other Benefits – Higher Education Assistance, Car Lease, Mobile & Broadband Reimbursements, Salary Advance Policy
To apply, CLICK HERE
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on Lexpeeps is true to our knowledge. But still, it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.
EXPLORE MORE SUCH OPPORTUNITIES HERE!
For regular updates on more opportunities, we can catch up at-