- Review, draft, revise and negotiate a wide range of agreements with customers, vendors, resellers and other third parties, including large master agreements, data licenses, software and intellectual property licenses, consulting/services agreements, non-disclosure agreements and other standard and non-standard agreements related to sales of the company’s products and/or services working within agreed contracting policies.
- Work with appropriate company personnel to understand the business and financial issues involved in the negotiation and administration of contracts.
- Provide guidance and high quality legal advice to internal clients on legal and contract issues.
- Identify ways to enhance and support the improvement of internal processes and procedures to ensure compliance with contract terms and work with other members of the legal team and back-office to ensure swift and efficient contracts execution process.
- Assist to monitor legal developments within the relevant jurisdictions.
- Assist with preparation of and participating in Legal Function’s staff training sessions.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as requested by your line manager/director on a permanent or temporary basis. responsible for management and leadership of staff, major policy initiatives or subject area
- Helping to identify, assess and brief India Chief Counsel on potential and actual risks and legal exposures and take proactive and remedial measures.
- Collaborating with internal counsel overseas with respect to international customer agreements.
- Contributing to the compliance initiatives include tracking, advising and implementing processes to ensure continued compliance of the company with the increasing and changing regulatory environment and rolling out ethics and compliance initiatives and training for staff across the regions supported.
- The ability to work within a matrixed organization independently and interact with staff (at all levels) to provide support, expertise and advice to assist in achieving geographical and global objectives effectively and efficiently.
- Comfortable working in a high pressure, frequently changing environment.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook and aptitude for learning and using new software tools.
Qualifications And Experience Required
- Ability to think strategically and creatively, to identify and help resolve legal issues, desire and ability to quickly learn about Refinitiv/LSEG products and services, and its internal processes and organizational structure.
- Ability to juggle multiple matters at once and work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Possess highly-developed organizational skills and be articulate, detail-oriented and hard-working.
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English
- Must have a law degree preferably from a tier one law school.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Strong contract negotiation and drafting abilities.
- Sound administrative and time management skills, with sharp attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to independently manage projects and deadlines.
At LSEG, we believe that creating a diverse and inclusive organisation is fundamental to the way we deliver on our promise – and our purpose. You’ll be part of an organisation of over 25,000 people, spanning 70 countries. We recognise the individual perspectives each of our colleagues brings, and our diverse workforce is one of our greatest strengths. In supporting collaboration and creativity and encouraging new ideas across a diverse and inclusive workforce, we can improve how we are driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth.
LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support from healthcare and retirement planning to paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information the London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (“We”) may hold about you, what it’s used for, and how it’s obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject.
If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.
Link to apply
Editor: Mudit Jain
For regular updates, join us: