About JPMorgan Chase & Co.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Their history spans over 200 years and today they are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
Corporate Legal Assistant Vice President – Senior Counsel
The Corporate Legal Assistant Vice President – Senior Counsel will be part of the Legal Support Team that provides legal services to various Practice Groups within the Corporate Legal department. The successful candidate may be responsible for the delivery of one or more functions with a focus on specific Practice Groups or regions in Corporate Legal.
They are currently hiring an experienced transactional lawyer to support the Corporate Legal Practice Group with corporate and transactional-related matters.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating a variety of agreements (e.g., non-disclosure agreements, grant agreements, share purchase agreements, warrant agreements).
- Assist attorneys with advising on corporate governance-related issues.
- Assist with due diligence review and deal closing deliverables, as needed.
- Assist with drafting various other corporate law transactional documents.
- Conduct legal research and analyze laws, regulations and developments and communicate to senior leaders.
- Actively provide subsidiary management advice with legal entity integration matters as a result of mergers or acquisitions.
- Engage in other special projects, as needed.
- Law Degree from a premier law school and membership in the jurisdictional organization. Attorney candidates must be in compliance with all relevant licensing requirements including the requirements of the jurisdiction where the role will be located prior to commencement of employment.
- 5-8 years of corporate governance, or corporate law experience in a major law firm and/or financial institution.
- Excellent English language skills, both spoken and in writing – are required.
- Excellent organizational skills – required.
- Self-starter and proactive – required.
- Working knowledge of legal search engines, including Westlaw/Lexis Nexis – is preferable.
- All candidates for roles in the Legal Department must successfully complete a conflict of interest clearance review prior to commencement of employment.
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on Lexpeeps is true to our knowledge. But still, it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.
For regular updates on more opportunities, we can catch up at-