About the Organization
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands.
Associate Legal Counsel (Lending)
- JPMorgan’s EMEA seeks a lawyer based in Mumbai to support its Corporate & Investment Bank in the EMEA region. The lawyer will be an integral part of the EMEA Banking Legal team working closely with the regional lawyers based in London, and will support lending transactions and loan trading activity engaged in by several businesses across the Corporate & Investment Bank including the Global Corporate Bank, Syndicated and Leveraged Finance, Structured Lending, Credit Portfolio Group, Securitised Products Group, Secondary Loan Trading and Credit Trading.
- Key functions will include assisting (in accordance with policies, procedures, regulatory requirements and based on internal guidance and standard operating procedures) in the documentation, negotiation and execution of lending and loan trading transactions, working on group projects and initiatives, and identifying and advising on related legal issues.
- The lawyer will report to Carter Moore in London and to a local supervisor in Mumbai.
- By joining the team, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to play a critical role in the success of several market leading businesses, where the role of the in-house lawyer is vital to the success of the business.
- The Position involves frequent interaction with internal teams across the Corporate & Investment Bank including Sales, Credit Risk, Client Service, Business Management and Operations, as well as external Clients.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Provides leadership and acts as the Team Lead for the EMEA Banking Legal Team in Mumbai.
- Builds and manages key relationship stakeholders in the legal department as well as Sales, Credit Risk, Client Service, Business Management and Operations and external Clients in EMEA.
Candidate Qualifications And Skills
- A qualified lawyer in India with 3 to 8 years of PQE (additional qualification England and Wales or other common law jurisdiction will be viewed favorably) and relevant experience gained at a leading domestic or international law firm and/or leading financial institution.
- Has successful track record of coaching, mentoring team members and leadership skills including attracting, developing, and retaining talent.
- Mature personality with skills and ability to work independently under pressure.
- Strong drafting, negotiation and legal analytical skills with strong attention to detail.
- Pragmatic with ability to strike appropriate balance between achieving the commercial goals of the business while protecting the interests of JPMorgan as a whole.
- Ability to timely and appropriately identify risks and escalate issues to relevant stakeholders.
- Confident and proactive with excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively and build close rapport with internal stakeholders across Sales, Product, Client Service, Operation, Risk and Compliance functions across jurisdictions.
- Ability to adapt and apply legal skills in new contexts, to new businesses and subjects in which one may not have prior relevant experience, and willingness to develop and excel beyond his/ her comfort zone; and
- Ability to manage competing priorities, project-manage and co-ordinate large projects, in a dynamic global environment.
- Team player, confident and proactive with strong interpersonal skills,
- Lawyer must be qualified and eligible to practice law in the jurisdiction in which the position is based.
- The candidate must successfully complete a conflicts of interest clearance review prior to commencement of employment.
To apply, CLICK HERE
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on Lexpeeps is true to our knowledge. But still, it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.
For regular updates on more opportunities, we can catch up at-