About the Organization
Established in 1897, the Godrej Group has its roots in India’s Swadeshi movement. Our founder, Ardeshir Godrej, lawyer-turned-serial entrepreneur failed with a few businesses, before he struck gold with the locks business that you know today. One of India’s most trusted brands, with revenues of USD 4.1 billion, Godrej enjoys the patronage of over 750 million Indians across our consumer goods, real estate, appliances, agri and many other businesses. You think of Godrej as such an integral part of India that you may be surprised to know that over 25 per cent of our business is done overseas.
General Manager- Litigation
- Managing litigations and disputes proceedings
- Coordinating with and instructing legal counsels ▪ Providing strategic legal advice including in relation to litigations matters
- Drafting, negotiating and reviewing international and domestic agreements
- Providing legal support to businesses on a wide range of legal, business and contractual interpretation issues
- Providing legal support for interactions with government, industry bodies and other external stakeholders
- Keeping abreast and updating stakeholders of legal developments, in particular new legal and regulatory requirements and compliance risks that arise
- Providing legal support and proactively improving Godrej’s processes and legal productivity, through simplification, digitization, standardization, model contract clauses and contracting toolkits.
- Facilitating knowledge management.
Qualification and Experience
- LL.B. from an accredited law school
- At least 10 years experience in related areas of law
- Experience with a reputed law firm or an in house legal department of a large organization.
- Significant experience in :
➢ litigation and disputes management including contractual disputes, consumer complaints, vendor/customer disputes, Labour and employment disputes, at different forums (SC, HCs, Tribunals etc.)
➢ contract drafting and negotiations, including procurement/supply / services contracts, infrastructure contracts, software and other licensing contracts, conveyancing, leave and license agreements, distributor agreements etc.
- Ability to advise on day to day operational, business and strategic issues
- Superior advocacy skills, ability to effectively communicate and interface with all levels of the organization, aptitude for practical negotiation, capability to think clearly and quickly under pressure
- Excellent analytical and drafting skills, strong commercial acumen, strong desire to learn and time sensitivity
- Fluency (oral/written) in English
- A strong commitment to integrity and professionalism
- A work history that affirmatively demonstrates leadership and ability to persuade and push others to deliver
- Good to have but not a must: Dealing with FMCG or manufacturing industry.
To apply, CLICK HERE
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on Lexpeeps is true to our knowledge. But still, it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.
For regular updates on more opportunities, we can catch up at-