OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY – Disney+ HotstarDisney+ Hotstar, part of Disney Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED), is one of the largest premium streaming and mobile entertainment platforms with more than 150,000 hours of drama and movies in 9 languages, and coverage of every major global sporting event. Hotstar has launched its premium service DisneyPlus Hotstar in India, Indonesia, and Hotstar in UK, US, Canada, etc. It is still expanding its footprint to more international markets. We are going to unleash a vast catalog of new and classic movies and shows to stream, boasting nearly 500 movies and 7,500 TV episodes from Star Wars, Marvel, Pixar, National Geographic and Disney’s eponymous studios in SEA market and beyond. Disney+ Hotstar accounts for roughly 30% of Disney+’s subscriber base so far — which roughly translates to 26 million as of Q4, 2020. and 350 million followers on the back of a highly evolved video streaming technology and high attention to quality of experience across devices and platforms. Hotstar has appropriated top spots on the Google Play Store as well as the Apple App Store, and been named among the most popular apps of 2017 on both platforms. Live sports in particular has seen a huge surge with over 25 millions concurrent viewerships and generating 10 billion click stream messages daily for a single live event on Hotstar, especially as audiences turn to mobile as the primary screen for cricket updates and streaming. This is the largest on the Akamai platform for any live sporting event in the world and the largest for any single event online by a broadcaster. Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) brings together the Company’s best-in-class product, technology, and commercialization teams together into one global organization. DMED is responsible for the P&L management and all distribution, network and engineering operations, sales, advertising, data, and certain key technology functions worldwide for the Company’s content engines. DMED also manages operations of the Company’s streaming services including Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+ and Disney+ Hotstar; and domestic broadcast and cable television networks. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
- Commercial contracts: Demonstrated (hands on experience) subject matter knowledge in structuring, drafting, negotiating and closing all types of transactions;
- Software technology agreements, master service agreements, content acquisition and syndication agreements, production agreements, mobile technology agreements, value added services agreements, app embedding agreements, app distribution agreements.
- Procurement agreements and services agreements.
- Prior experience in drafting, negotiating contracts pertaining to the OTT world
- Drafting of pleadings – writ petitions, plaints, complaints, written statements, company petitions, appeals, revisions, winding up petitions, statements of claim etc. before trial courts, High Court(s), Supreme Court;
- Assist in strategizing and formulating litigation strategy in line with commercial objectives of the company
- Research and analysis of various policies, amendments, bills, consultation papers, notifications, on corporate law matters.
- Timeline adherence for assignments handled
- Ability to coordinate across various functions to ensure completion and compliance.
- Providing sound and practical legal advice pertaining to all corporate and contractual issues, inter alia, under contract law, IPR laws, etc.
- LLB from a Premier Law College. LLM from a reputed University would be a plus but not a must.
- Preferably in Telecom, IT, ISP or Broadcasting Sector
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Providing sound and practical legal advice pertaining to corporate and commercial legal issues.
- A good understanding and application of Intellectual Property Laws such as the Copyright Act & Rules & the Trade Marks Act and rules. Knowledge of ISP, E-commerce, Digital Media, Legal, Regulatory matters would be a plus.
- A reasonable understanding of procedural laws such as CPC, CrPC, and also substantive laws such as IPC, and other economic offenses statutes.
- Experience in drafting, negotiating digital rights and technology contracts and content-related agreements, understanding of the regulatory regime in distribution and ad sales would be a plus.
- Demonstrated (hands on experience) in contract drafting, good negotiation, and execution skills i.e., ability to draft, review, negotiate and close transactions independently with minimal supervision
- Should have excellent research, analytical skills and should be able to exercise judgment and discretion to opine on compliance/ legal issues effectively.
- Able to mentor and drive efficiencies with direct reportees and to be a trusted member within the legal/compliance team. Should enhance industry specific understanding and be an effective negotiator.
- Able to prioritize efficiently, and communicate regularly and appropriately with other departments is essential.
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills, including ability to work effectively within a team and a fast-paced dynamic business environment
- Excellent communications skills and the ability to communicate legal issues and solutions in an articulate, precise and effective manner
- Demonstrated skills in leadership and people management.
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced environment.
- Good team player
- Ability to travel at short notice outside Mumbai – both in India and overseas. Should be open to intra-group company transfer.
- Leverages business understanding / functional expertise to deliver value to customer
- Anticipates potential barriers and develops alternate strategies; formulates an informed action plan to solve the problem
- Strong communication skills and good command over English (both oral and written) and the ability to interface with people across all levels in the organization. Pleasing personality is a must.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
Link to Apply
Click here to apply https://jobs.disneycareers.com/job/-/-/391/19714097?cid=14187
Editor: Mudit Jain
For regular updates, join us: