About the job
About the company
A fast-growing e-commerce startup, DealShare is a hyperlocal online buying platform for multi-category consumer products focused on the new ‘WhatsApp first’ India. Our mission is to target the new 500Mn users from non-metro cities and rural market spaces who haven’t shopped enough online and are uncomfortable on other platforms. These users are primarily on mobile & social media. DealShare makes it extremely easy for these users to buy in a couple of clicks, supported by vernacular browsing.
Purpose of Role:
The role will be a part of the Real estate, Litigation and Corp support team within the Legal function of the organization. The role holder will liaise with various functions to enable better business outcomes through legal expertise and advisory. The role holder will help to negotiate customer contracts, structure partnership agreements with our channel partners, figure out our IP strategy and help us build our partnership ecosystem.
Reporting and location:
Incumbent will be reporting into Senior Manager – Legal and will be based out of Gurgaon Location
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide accurate and timely advisory to internal and external stakeholders in a variety of legal topics ranging from state specific litigations, high court matters and high-stake disputes.
- Collaborate with management to devise efficient strategy for protecting the company.
- Support in extending legal expertise and advisory to other departments and functions such as Operations, Business expansion, HR, Admin, Customer Service etc.
- Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business operations.
- Apply proactive advice on possible legal issues ie handle pre-litigation with 100% target to avoid prospective litigation.
- Communicate and negotiate with external counsels and to complete the requisitions on time every time.
- Should be aware of IPR and work to complete the compliance requirements for each mark.
- Draft lease agreements and end to end real estate contracts.
- Advising the rest of the organization on legal matters associated with the commercial Operations on need basis.
- Actively participate in risk mitigation and identifying legal issues, providing analysis of legal risks and creating and implementing solutions structured to achieve business objectives.
- Experience in Retail FDI, FEMA related work, laws around employment contract and contract labor, in responsibility – overviewing and ownership of contract lifecycle, dispute and litigations management
Skills & Competency:
- Good understanding of commercial contract terms and their legal implications
- Strong Stakeholder Management skills
- Ability to effectively organize and deliver within timelines
- Excellent oral and written communication
- 2 to 5 years of experience as in-house counsel or from a leading law firm (Candidates with background from e-commerce or retail industry would be preferred)
Disclaimer: All information posted by us on Lexpeeps is true to our knowledge. But still, it is suggested that you check and confirm things on your level.
For regular updates on more opportunities, we can catch up at-