The central information commission has been created under the Right to Information Act, 2005 for adjudication of appeals and complaints under this Act. The commission seeks to prepare a panel to engage legal consultants on contract basis initially for a period of one year which may be extended subject to satisfactory performance and requirement of the Commission.
Applications from Indian Nationals are invited for preparation of a panel of Legal Consultants from candidates fulfilling the following as eligibility conditions. Applicants should be dynamic and self-motivated professionals with effective analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Law graduate from a recognised University with minimum 50% marks.
- Minimum of one year of experience in judicial or legal work in various courts, government, quasi-judicial authorities including tribunals and national commission.
- Professional legal skills and drafting submissions proficiency in language.
- Working knowledge of MS Office, computer handling and internet browsing.
- Qualified in All India Bar Examination.
- Work experience with the presiding officers of courts judicial or Quasi judicial authorities as legal assistant.
Not more than 35 years as on the last date of receipt of applications as per the advertisement/notice
The selected candidates will be paid a consolidated amount of remuneration of Rs 40,000/- fixed per month. An increment of rupees 5000/- will be considered after 1 year subject to satisfactory performance of the individual.
Nature of Duties
The candidates to engage as legal consultant is expected to work with an Information Commissioner and shall perform various duties including the following works-
- Preparation of case summary for the Commissioner;
- Identification of legal issues for adjudication;
- Legal appreciation of other laws act that have bearing on the case;
- Legal research presidents of Honorable Supreme court high courts and orders of various commissions;
- Preparing counter for writ petition;
- Legal work as assigned by the Commissioner of commission
Terms and Conditions
- The legal consultant on having accepted the offer of engagement shall be deemed to have entered into a contract with the central information commission as per the terms and conditions of engagement mentioned in the offer of engagement.
- Any breach of the contract by the legal consultant shall be considered a sufficient grounds for the termination of the engagement made under the contract and may result in the debarring such legal consultant from future and judgement and making him or her also liable for an action as deemed fit by the commission.
- Engagement may be terminated at any time by the commission by giving a notice of 15 days Similarly, if a candidate wants to resign he or she has to give 15 days notice in advance.
The successful candidate would be required to abide by detailed terms and conditions of engagement given in the annexure 2 and conditions mentioned in para 6 above.
Method of Selection
Shortlisted candidates will be examined/interviewed by a selection committee constituted for this purpose whose decision will be final and binding. No correspondence in this regard will be entertained. Intimation shall be sent only to the selected candidates.
NOTE– Interested candidates may submit their application in the enclosed format as per Annexure I along with self attested photocopies of all the educational certificate in a sealed cover super-scribed “Selection for preparation of panel for legal consultants in CIC” addressed to Deputy Secretary (Admn) Central Information Commission, Baba Gangnath Marg, Munirka New Delhi 110067. The application should reach within 30 days from the date of publication of the advertisement in the employment news applications which are not made in the format as per Annexure I, incomplete or are not received in the time will be summarily rejected.
For more Details, visit-
For regular updates, join us: