ABOUT THE CHAMBER
Chambers of Jhuma Sen is a law chamber in Kolkata and Delhi with a domestic and international client base. Their practice base is Calcutta High Court, Tribunals, and District Courts along with the Supreme Court and other High Courts. Our Areas of practice are Civil and Corporate Litigation, Writ Matters, CyberLaw and technology law, Employment Law and Labour Law, Criminal Law Testamentary and Intestate Succession, Matrimonial Suits, Consumer Protection, Commercial Drafting, Government Contract and Contract Drafting, Regulatory Compliance, and Intellectual Property Rights.
The Chambers of Advocate Jhuma Sen invites applications for the post of Junior Associate in the Kolkata Chamber as a full-time requirement.
- Designation: Junior Associate
- Remuneration: As per experience/qualification and standard in Kolkata
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- The candidate must be enrolled with Bar Council and have 2-3 years of PQE. An LL.M is desirable
- Conduct legal research and prepare briefing or case notes
- Draft Petitions before the Calcutta High Court, and other pleadings before the District Courts, Tribunals, Commissions, etc.
- Supervise filing of cases by clerks before the High Court and lower judiciary, tribunals etc
- Provide assistance in hearing before Courts and Tribunals
- Any administrative work related to cases etc
- Preference will be given to candidates with interest and background in Constitutional Law & Practice, Criminal Law, Matrimonial Law, and Service Law
Interested candidates are required to send in their CVs along with a Cover Letter, and a sample pleading they have drafted to email id firstname.lastname@example.org with the subjectline “Junior Associate”.
Disclaimer: All information posted on Lexpeeps is accurate to our knowledge. However, it is advised that you verify and confirm things on your end.